Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/26/2003 5:54:00 AM EDT
ive had this piece for a while but only have shot less than 50 rnds through it because of jamming. is it the ammo? what ammo are you guys running?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:59:59 AM EDT
Doesn't matter what gun, try different ammo. S&B sometimes isn't the best. Try some different manufacturers... I'm not fond of S&B since some of their .223 had problems..

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:50:52 AM EDT
I have run the following through mine with no failures:

Federal Hydrashok
Speer GoldDot
Winchester Silvertip
Federal FMJ
Seller&Bellot FMJ

You can also try a different magazine. Sometimes they can cause jams.

Good luck
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:27:25 PM EDT
I carry Hornady 60 gr. XTPs in my P32. It eats any of the FMJ rounds I have tried (Winchester, Federal, Remington), but it is a little choosy with hollow points. I tried CorBons, but had a continual problem with rim-over malfunctions, due to the short overall length of the round. The Hornadys are a noticeably cooler round, but they work reliably. My brother-in-law's P-32 seems to work fine with CorBons, so YMMV.

I would try a different mag with the S&B first, if it still jams, then I would try different ammo. Mine had a lot of jams too, until I shot several hundred rounds through it.....
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:40:21 PM EDT
I bought 1K of S&B 32 ACP from AIM, so I spent a lot of time trying to get it to function better. I never got anything to work well enough to make it through an entire mag in my P-32, but the S&B seemed to be better than most. BTW, Magtech ammo worked the best out of what I tried. The S&B worked better after using a set of the stronger Wolff recoil springs. I think I used the inner spring from the 13lb set and the outer spring from the 11lb one.z
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:51:15 AM EDT
well it was only the second time firing the gun the first time it got jammed up and i couldnt open the actio, i sent it in and now its still hanging up. i may have to send it back again.
anyone else with these probs?
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 6:53:39 PM EDT
I'll put my 2 cents in worth as well, since I own a P-32. I bought the accessory clip to carry my P-32 when I went running and carried it that way for a few months. Great idea- concealable, discreet, etc..However, when I got to the range the next time, I found that my hammer spring had broken and the gun wouldn't shoot! Breakage from rust caused by sweat? Who knows? But to their credit, Kel-Tec promptly sent me a replacement spring free of charge. Good thing I didn't find out about the broken spring at an inopportune moment.

I now carry a Sig P232, which is not a light as the Kel-Tec. But my brother wants my Kel-Tec, so off it goes to a new home. Other than that, it was fun while it lasted. No failures to feed and it ate what I fed it.
Top Top