Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2003 5:54:00 AM EDT
ive had this piece for a while but only have shot less than 50 rnds through it because of jamming. is it the ammo? what ammo are you guys running?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't matter what gun, try different ammo.  S&B sometimes isn't the best.  Try some different manufacturers...  I'm not fond of S&B since some of their .223 had problems..

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:50:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I have run the following through mine with no failures:

Federal Hydrashok
Speer GoldDot
Winchester Silvertip
Federal FMJ
Seller&Bellot FMJ

You can also try a different magazine. Sometimes they can cause jams.

Good luck
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry Hornady 60 gr. XTPs in my P32. It eats any of the FMJ rounds I have tried (Winchester, Federal, Remington), but it is a little choosy with hollow points. I tried CorBons, but had a continual problem with rim-over malfunctions, due to the short overall length of the round. The Hornadys are a noticeably cooler round, but they work reliably. My brother-in-law's P-32 seems to work fine with CorBons, so YMMV.

I would try a different mag with the S&B first, if it still jams, then I would try different ammo. Mine had a lot of jams too, until I shot several hundred rounds through it.....
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought 1K of S&B 32 ACP from AIM, so I spent a lot of time trying to get it to function better.  I never got anything to work well enough to make it through an entire mag in my P-32, but the S&B seemed to be better than most.  BTW, Magtech ammo worked the best out of what I tried.  The S&B worked better after using a set of the stronger Wolff recoil springs.  I think I used the inner spring from the 13lb set and the outer spring from the 11lb one.z
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:51:15 AM EDT
[#5]
well it was only the second time firing the gun the first time it got jammed up and i couldnt open the actio, i sent it in and now its still hanging up. i may have to send it back again.
anyone else with these probs?
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll put my 2 cents in worth as well, since I own a P-32. I bought the accessory clip to carry my P-32 when I went running and carried it that way for a few months. Great idea- concealable, discreet, etc..However, when I got to the range the next time, I found that my hammer spring had broken and the gun wouldn't shoot! Breakage from rust caused by sweat? Who knows? But to their credit, Kel-Tec promptly sent me a replacement spring free of charge. Good thing I didn't find out about the broken spring at an inopportune moment.

I now carry a Sig P232, which is not a light as the Kel-Tec. But my brother wants my Kel-Tec, so off it goes to a new home. Other than that, it was fun while it lasted. No failures to feed and it ate what I fed it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top