Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2011 1:47:37 PM EDT
Im looking to get a gun for CCW and i'm looking at getting a sp2022 which has great reviews and a great price. or a p228 which on the used market in a scratch and dent condition can be had for around the same price. i own a sig p220 which i refuse to carry because its huge and hard to hide and god forbid i ever have to use it i would hate to lose that gun. so i have come here asking what the hive thinks and which would they carry and why?
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
SP2022 is significantly lighter to my hand, but good CCW holsters can be hard to find for it. Accuracy and capacity are about equal, to me.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#2]
228.  No contest.  The German Sigs are fantastic and very well balanced.  You DO need to take of the slide as they will get a layer of rust.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
holsters are not a problem i have found a place that makes one. and i know the German sigs were great im just wondering if it would be a better carry gun
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 3:40:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
228.  No contest.  The German Sigs are fantastic and very well balanced.  You DO need to take of the slide as they will get a layer of rust.

Have you ever even touched a SP2022? They balance and handle almost exactly the same and are half the cost (or less).

By all means, carry a weapon that will rust on you in the holster. I mean, it's German made, that makes it so much better. A pistol w/o a slide on it so effective! The metal frame is heavy enough that it can do some damage, if thrown hard enough.

I'm sorry, but that was a pretty inane thing to say.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:59:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a 228 and carry it from time to time.  It's a nice gun, I have no complaints with it at all.  However, as you are discovering the 228 has achieved cult status.  It's no longer made, it was made in Germany, therefore it must be the greatest thing since bottled beer.  Prices will reflect this.  I lucked out and snagged mine several years ago, before the current mania.  

I don't own a 2022 but all reports I've heard have been positive.  If I were shopping for a SIG I would certainly consider it.  It's one of the best buys on the market right now.  

I would note that both are a tad bulky.  They can be concealed but it does require a little thought and careful holster selection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top