Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 1:19:18 PM EDT

I got this at a pawn shop a couple of years ago. Its a standard 4 inch tapered barrel. It actually doesnt say mk1 or anything  besdies

RUGER 22cal. long rifle
                                      Automatic pistol.

serial number 448xx , thats right 5 digit serial #  !!!

can anyone tell how old this thing is?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#1]
If the serial number doesn't have a prefix of any kind, it was made in 1952.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#2]

wow thats old, I bet its had a fair share of rounds through it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the exact same thing only mine was made in 1953.  I picked mine up at a gun show 2 years ago for $120, and I really like shooting it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#4]

yeah I picked up mine for 140 , you would think they might have some collectors value, but I guess not. Mine is a tack driver and chews up anything I put in it, subsonics, hollowpoints, etc. I wish I had another magazine for it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Research what kind of price they fetch on gunbroker and auctionarms.  I think we both may have paid a very fair price for the pistols.  I didn't buy mine as a collector, I bought mine to shoot, and it is a ball to shoot for sure.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I love mine, although mine is from the 70's.

I ended up getting a tactical solutions threaded upper half for it. i love it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
wow thats old, I bet its had a fair share of rounds through it.

......first handgun i ever shot....guess i was about 14...so smooth and accurate it was hard to believe.....far as collector...you`ll get your money back...maybe make $10....but why?....shoot it...love it...it`s a serious part of american gunmakers history.....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I just picked mine up (off layaway). 162XXX

Does anyone make aftermarket mag releases for these? That's the only gripe I have about it...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:54:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I beleive it is called or was called a ruger standard if the mk1 isn't on it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:01:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I beleive it is called or was called a ruger standard if the mk1 isn't on it.

Looks like that's what mine is. Just says "Ruger 22 cal Long Rifle Automatic Pistol." Black and silver grip symbol on the left side only...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top