Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 2:39:30 PM EDT
I've got a new CZ 75B in nickel on the way.  What bulk/surplus ammo will it shoot, and what should I stay away from?  Any feed problems with these pistols when using hollow point ammo?
Thanks
Thom  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
some people say they have problems with wwb not extracting properly from those pistols.  i have a case of blazer brass sitting here that is just waiting to run downrange though my 75.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
One day last summer at my outdoor range the guy at the bench next to me had a CZ75 and was shooting both Blazer Brass and Blazer Aluminum, and having no issues with either. He was very accurate with that CZ at 25 yds.

I have shot a goodly amount of Independence and Magtech 9mm thru my 92FSBrig without any issues. Both are made by CBC in Brazil. Have also shot a fair amount of both Blazer types in it, also without issue. I prefer both Blazer rounds over the CBC stuff if my dealer has them. They seem to be a tad better quality, a bit hotter in performance, and leave the Brig noticeably cleaner.

Maybe the folks in the CZ section can answer your question about the HP ammo.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The only ammo my CZ's ever choked on was CCI aluminum case ammo.  I tried 50 rounds and had about 4 FTE's, which was a lot for my CZs.  

Winnie worked fine for me, but I found that the CZ's LOVE 124 grain ammo.  Ammunitionstore.com has some NATO spec 124 grain ammo for a decent price that might be worth looking into.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've got a new CZ 75B in nickel on the way.  What bulk/surplus ammo will it shoot, and what should I stay away from?  Any feed problems with these pistols when using hollow point ammo?
Thanks
Thom  

those are rugged and reliable pistols. The only way to find out what works and is accurate in your gun is to shoot it and find out. I dont consider and autoloader broken in til ive fired at least 500 rounds through it.
You should shoot whatever is on sale or is cheapest to plink with.
As for hollowpoints, you need to experiment with different rounds to see what functions and what doesnt as every handgun is different.
Remington Golden Sabres have a good feed profile and are proving to be good stoppers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive been shooting HSM ramanufactured 9mm ammo 99 bucks for a thousand.  No problems.  It comes packed loose in an ammo can.  Some of the cases are a bit corroded, but like I said, no probs yet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Commie steelcase runs ok, bulk pack winchester eeeehhhhh not so much.  Ammunitionstore.com has Bear 9mm, I've had good luck with that in particular.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i have a case of blazer brass sitting here that is just waiting to run downrange though my 75.  

i ran about 200 rounds of my blazer brass downrange a couple weeks ago with no problem.  i am still under the 500 round mark on that pistol overall but i should exceed it tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I shoot Blazer Aluminum 115gr in my 75B. No problems.

Don

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top