Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2010 1:13:12 PM EDT
im picking it up Thursday an it has the plain black gripis that come with it. its the 5.5 target SS model. being there is no where to test feel grips out around here i will have to go on your guys opinion. im looking at either the houge rubber rap around grips with the thumb rest or wood rap around with the thumb rest. what would you guys recommend? im goin to be using this for a range gun a few thousand rounds a year. if that helps any, i figured maybe the wood would get beat up easy . thanks pictures would help too

i find the houge for about 20$ and the wood for about 60-70
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
C.) Crimson Trace
- my $.02
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
i have one on my 1911 i dont use it so ill save 200$ by not getting it for my ruger. thanks for the input though
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:35:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Merely as a matter of personal preference, I like checkered, wood grips on my MK II and MK IIIs. I get them from Brownell’s. They are MK II grips that I then modify with a Dremel tool to fit the MK IIIs, so I have the same grip on all of them. I like the way the checkered, wood grips anchor the gun in my hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top