Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/22/2004 1:18:11 PM EST
For those of you in here who carry a govt. size 5'' 1911, please tell me what clothes you wear to fully cover it up. I'm down here in Florida and usually wear a white undershirt with a button down shirt to cover up my Glock 19. It works great, and I'm pretty sure that this same dress with fully conceal a 1911. So I'm just wondering what you all wear to conceal yours.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:22:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By A2sights:
For those of you in here who carry a govt. size 5'' 1911, please tell me what clothes you wear to fully cover it up. I'm down here in Florida and usually wear a white undershirt with a button down shirt to cover up my Glock 19. It works great, and I'm pretty sure that this same dress with fully conceal a 1911. So I'm just wondering what you all wear to conceal yours.

I typically do not carry a full-size 1911 concealed. But, I use the same for the compact and full....A Galco IWB hoster just behind the hip.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:28:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:36:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/22/2004 1:43:40 PM EST by Aim4MyHead]
Ross open top pancake w/body shield, untucked shirt carried at my 4 o'clock.

J
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:40:24 PM EST

I think you will find that it's easier to conceal a full size 1911 than a micro Glock.

I carry a Kimber Ultra 10 and it's much easier to conceal than my Glock 27.

They are naturals for IWB holsters and conceal easily with a t-shirt and a pair of shorts.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:51:39 AM EST
I use a Galco Avenger with a white t-shirt tucked in and a button down shirt. This generally works for me in FL.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:54:34 AM EST
The skinny frame of the 1911 allows it to be concealed pretty easily. The only potentially difficult part is the handgrip occasionally 'prints'. If thats a problem get an Ed Brown bobtail mainspring housing installed.

I like handguns.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:46:47 AM EST
+1 w/ Lumpy. milt sparks is the heat.

i've carried it under dress shirt untucked, under T's -minor printing but depended on the shirt

i have carried the full sized 1911 border style - in the belt, no holster - under a loose shrit. its flat and hides easily. this isn't the most secure way and i was constantly aware of whether it was moving around or not. didn't budge but i prefer the milt sparks rig.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:49:49 AM EST
love handles. biiiig love handles.

hell, i can carry a para p-14 in khaki shorts and a tshirt.

start eatin boy!

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:58:17 AM EST
My Gubment model was much easier to conceal than My glock. It's a much thinner pistol.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:18:01 PM EST
another vote for the Milt Sparks VersaMax 2
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:16:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By NateM4:
I use a Galco Avenger with a white t-shirt tucked in and a button down shirt. This generally works for me in FL.

+1

Well, ecept for the FL part.

Tshirt with a SS button down over it. No problems.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:38:01 PM EST
IWB in a comptac c-tac with jeans and tshirt. Or a thunderwear type made by Galco with shorts although my pistol is a compact 1911. It would work with a full size I'm sure.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:20:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
My Milt Sparks Versa-Max II lets me conceal a full sized 1911 under a t-shirt.

Its truly THE concealment holser.

+1
This is the same rig I have. The VM2 is the best CCW holster out there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:22:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By strick909:

+1

You guys have pics of your rigs?

I carry my TLE in a Galco combat master and like it alot, however I've heard alot about the VM II.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:38:38 AM EST
Another nod to the Sparks Versa-Max II. Not only does it conceal well, it carries comfortably.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:50:06 AM EST
Looking to buy the Milt Sparks VMII, and see that it's offered in cowhide or horsehide. What's
supposed to be the difference??
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:10:21 AM EST

Pair of 5.11 pants and a slightly oversized T-shirt conceal an IWB 1911 pretty well.

No kidding.

If that won't get it, or if I need to tuck in my shirt-tail, then a vest.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:41:27 AM EST
In hot weather, I carry my off-duty pistol - a Wilson CQB - in a FIST IWB ultra thin kydex holster with an untucked t-shirt. The ultra thin kydex adds very little bulk to the pistol making it quite comfortable and it conceals very well. Even in cool weather when I have a jacket on I often carry it in that holster because of the comfort and concealability it offers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:56:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By markm:
My Gubment model was much easier to conceal than My glock. It's a much thinner pistol.

+1
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:02:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:12:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By Aimless:
I'm not really into 1911s, but width and the grip are what make pistols hard to conceal, not the barrel as that's usually in your pants (er-um-well anyway). I would think 1911s would be easier to conceal due to their narrow cross section, a full size barrel with a shorter grip might be easier to conceal?

Yup, That's why I bought a Les Baer "Stinger" A Commander Size slide on an officers frame. However it is still heavy and tends to pull my pants down. The only time I ever wished I has a fat ass.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:21:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By dep4532:

+1

I carry my TLE in a Galco combat master and like it alot, however I've heard alot about the VM II.

Here's some, including mine. ALthough I just ordered a new Alessi rig a few hours ago.

Carry Rig Thread
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:26:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By mcgrubbs:

Here's some, including mine. ALthough I just ordered a new Alessi rig a few hours ago.

Carry Rig Thread

What did ya' end up ordering?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:30:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:37:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By AJohnston:

Originally Posted By mcgrubbs:

Carry Rig Thread

What did ya' end up ordering?

I ordered the Alessi DOJ, and a double mag pouch in cordovan. For my 4" Kimber.

I am also thinking about an order with Josh Bulman. And one with Mitch Rosen. Rosen's new FOFO looks cool.

I order them all with the same basic design, cant, heigth, etc....so that I retain that muscle memory.

I have some spare $$$, and feel another holster binge coming on. Today was just the start, I fear.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:46:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By dep4532:

+1

Here is a pic of my VM2 with a Colt CCO in it. The CCO is an officer's size grip with a commander length barrel. My VM2 is gov length, so I can wear a full size 1911 if I want.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:53:43 PM EST
Open carry it, you'll thank me someday
Top Top