Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/19/2011 12:01:54 PM EDT
Has anyone came up with a solution for this? Maybe some fine grit sand paper?
Link Posted: 5/19/2011 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Has anyone came up with a solution for this? Maybe some fine grit sand paper?

I wouldn't go sanding on the pistol.  I normally wear an undershirt, so this isn't an issue for me.  First time I carried the P30 under just a t-shirt, I thought it would be unbearable, but I got over it by the end of the day. I think it might bother me if I were jogging, or mowing, or something like that, where I'd sweat a lot.   Are you saying it's literally rubbing a raw spot, or just that it feels like it's rubbing a raw spot?

Link Posted: 5/19/2011 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy or find a chunk of bicycle inner tube and slide it over the grip.

It's possible your body will get used to it.  My P99 grip is much more aggressive than the P30 and I carry IWB without an undershirt, but I have a pretty thick hide.

Link Posted: 5/19/2011 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I go the undershirt route.  I would avoid sanding unless you want to buy some side panels from hkparts and work on them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2011 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#4]
i always wear an under shit, but i bought a bicycle innertube and cut 3 rings, and slid them on the grip in between the finger grooves. works great, but doesnt affect your grip negatively at all.
Link Posted: 5/20/2011 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Undershirt or man up. I carry the hk45 under just a tee shirt, and yeah sometimes it is uncomfortable, but it is what it is. I am not raw from it though. A wife beater works best, plus I don't dress to impress when I carry, I wear a one size larger tee shirt and looser pants/shorts.
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#6]
the side grip panels are cheap and can be bought from hkparts.  Sand one down
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Instead of mutilating your P30 get ahold of a good IWB holster with a sweat shield. I carry a USP40 which has agressive stippling in a Matt DelFatti ISP/LP IWB. The holster has the sweat shield and is quite comfortable. I can see if a shooter was rather rotund and his love handles shroud the pistol that there might be an issue. That aside a well made IWB could solve your problem.
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Crossbreed IWB holster. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#9]
A replacement left (if you're right handed) grip panel can be purchased for pretty cheap.  Sand it with some 1000 grit sand paper and it will remove the sharpness, while maintaining the grip.  If in the future you ever feel like selling, put back on the orginal grip panel and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I used  the handle on my Recon 1 pocket knife  to massage the checkered pattern on the grip... It made it bearable.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top