Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 12:41:48 PM EDT
My buddy just picked up a used g19 for $300 that was made in March of this year.  It has less than 100 rounds thru it.  My question is its got some proof marks that I have never see before.  It looks like an eagle with NP.  I assume its austrian.  Is it more rare or desirable at all?   All I know is it looks really sweet!  I can post pics later.  Thanks for your input!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Does it look like that?

those are the Austrian Proof marks that are found on the 19's that were imported from Austria earlier in the year since Glock USA couldnt keep up with demand after the election.  Look on the bottom of the trigger guard ... it should be marked Glock Inc Smyrna GA as well stamped into the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:15:47 AM EDT
[#2]
$300 for a 5 month old gun!?!?!? Good for him! Sounds like Austrian proofs as shown above.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#3]
He got a damn good deal all the way around.

And yeah, sounds like the Austrian Proof Marks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Great snag, and Austrian proof's.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea that's exactly the marks it has.  I recently got him and 2 other friends into guns.   This is his first gun.  He said he knew a guy that had a used g19 and wanted 400 for it.  I assumed it was some beat up old generation 1 or 2 so I told him to offer 300 and the guy took it!  I had no idea it was basically brand new. It has the copper lube on it still and no breachface or barell hood wear at all.   And get this -  it was test fired on his birthday.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]
There were a bunch of those released recently and while they didn't command a premium price, they're still very desirable. I believe your frame will have some additional markings as well.

Great find / buy !!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top