Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2011 5:25:05 PM EDT
So poking around here reading about what to do if you have do use deadly fore a lot of people are saying to already have a lawyers number. So my question is how do you find a lawyer you can trust is good before hand to have avaliable.

Sorry if in wrong place
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 6:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a lawyer because I do his computer work and gun work for him we are friends professionally and sometimes on occasions will hangout.  When he wants to build and AR we hangout and I show him the latest and greatest stuff out and he buys the expensive stuff just to have top of the line stuff.

He gives me legal advice and if I ever need an attorney he has already offered to represent me.  He helped out on my grandpa's will before he died real nice guy but for sure nice to have a pro 2nd Amend lawyer former prosecutor.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 7:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if "trust" and "lawyer" go in the same sentence =P

If you don't have a longstanding friendship with someone who is a lawyer, then take it for what it is: a business relationship.  You pay them for work done or advice given, and they, in turn, are bound by the law to maintain confidentiality and give you legally accurate answers.

I would ask around, find a lawyer in any specialty that someone you know has worked with and had a good experience, then ask that lawyer for a recommendation for a criminal defense attorney, since that seems to be what you're "preparing" for.  If you aren't yet being investigated or talking to police, you probably don't need a lawyer on retainer.  A business card and a handshake should be sufficient.

All of the above is not legal advice, just my random thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's one option.

Gun Lawyers on tap, 24/7/365

Self-Defense Shield
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for info just want what you said a card of someone I have met and serves those type of cases who I know is good jic  

Also open to more info or a good one in the charlotte area all I know are traffic lawyers
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Mas Ayoob and Marty Hayes defended Larry Hicky, Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.  I'm a very loyal member of this.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Texas Law Shield is a firm that covers you in about a dozen different States with partnering firms, based out of Houston, and will cover you no charge, completely FREE when the trial comes. Of course, there is the monthly membership fee, but its like $10 a month. I think I calculated out that after like ten or twenty years of paying into TLS, it would equal the amount you would likely spend in the first month hiring someone if you didnt otherwise have help.

Texas Law Shield will cover you even if you DONT have a CHL.

Get it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Texas Law Shield is a firm that covers you in about a dozen different States with partnering firms, based out of Houston, and will cover you no charge, completely FREE when the trial comes. Of course, there is the monthly membership fee, but its like $10 a month. I think I calculated out that after like ten or twenty years of paying into TLS, it would equal the amount you would likely spend in the first month hiring someone if you didnt otherwise have help.

Get it.

They do better than that.  They give you the number for the on call attorney and advise you ahead of time what to do, then you call at oh dark thirty and an attorney heads for you right then.  They will represent you immediately and fully, including civil.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Get it.

Looks to me like it's only for residents of Texas.  Even the multi state membership appears to be for Texas residents only.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top