Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 8:51:35 PM EDT
What's up guys i'm trying to convert my G22 from a 40. to a 357 i got the  barrel but a friend of mine said to purchase a seperate spring and wolff springs where good but i would like to know what number to go with so i could have it working good.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
The Glock factory specs are the same, as far as recoil springs, for both calibers.  I'll never own a .40 or .357Sig Glock, but if I did, I'd go with 20-22# springs.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
WalterGA
for what reason if you don't mind me asking.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't like the .40's primarily because I only shoot my reloads.  I'm aware that lots of folks reload for Glock .40's, but I just don't think there's a lot of margin for error in the .40's design.  I get everything I need from .45ACP, 9mm, and the conversions such as .40 Super and .400 Cor-Bon that I get with my G21's and G30.

Similar reasons for not liking the .357 Sig.  I have loaded a bunch of bottleneck handgun ammo.  Primary problem I see is with the paucity of neck surface bearing area.  The more people reload .357 Sig, the more you're going to be hearing of setback-induced KB's.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
thnx for the feedback
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top