Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2010 4:16:06 PM EDT
Hello all.

All my firearms are S&W.  I own 4 hand guns to include 4586, 442 snub and a CS9 and a 5386TSW. (All DAO)

I didn't see a thead about the Chief Special. I've owned this gun for aprox 7 years and have put about 2,000  rounds threw it. Never a problem. From what I understand they do not make this firearm anymore?  Can anybody confirm this?

I did have a extremly difficult choice to make when choosing between the CS9 and CS45. However I perfer the 45, I went with the CS9, b/c while concealing carry a firearm  I'd rather have the extra round to shoot at a potential offender. Yes I admitt I don't carry an extra mag with me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes - unfortunately S&W has discontinued all the 3rd Gen pistols. All that's left in production are the polymer frame pistols (and revolvers, of course)...  

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:29:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a CS9 for a while years ago.  Great little pistol, but the thick grip panels really limited it's concealability.  I don't think anyone ever came out with any slimmer panels.  Shame!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:55:27 AM EDT
[#3]
there is a guy who goes by Bigdog or something similar on the S&W Forum who cuts down the Smith Delrin grips for these Chief's Special semi autos...if I get a CS-45 today (keeping fingers crossed that it's mint too ;) ) I may upgrade the Hogue's to the Big Dog grips if he'll make me a set...
Bill
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:18:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Just got a set of "Big Dog" grips for my CS9 - It made it like a compact 393NL-which is great.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:07:21 AM EDT
[#5]
IT is still a nice little gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top