Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/17/2010 4:16:06 PM EDT
Hello all.

All my firearms are S&W. I own 4 hand guns to include 4586, 442 snub and a CS9 and a 5386TSW. (All DAO)

I didn't see a thead about the Chief Special. I've owned this gun for aprox 7 years and have put about 2,000 rounds threw it. Never a problem. From what I understand they do not make this firearm anymore? Can anybody confirm this?

I did have a extremly difficult choice to make when choosing between the CS9 and CS45. However I perfer the 45, I went with the CS9, b/c while concealing carry a firearm I'd rather have the extra round to shoot at a potential offender. Yes I admitt I don't carry an extra mag with me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:57:27 PM EDT
Yes - unfortunately S&W has discontinued all the 3rd Gen pistols. All that's left in production are the polymer frame pistols (and revolvers, of course)...

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:29:22 AM EDT
I had a CS9 for a while years ago. Great little pistol, but the thick grip panels really limited it's concealability. I don't think anyone ever came out with any slimmer panels. Shame!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:55:27 AM EDT
there is a guy who goes by Bigdog or something similar on the S&W Forum who cuts down the Smith Delrin grips for these Chief's Special semi autos...if I get a CS-45 today (keeping fingers crossed that it's mint too ;) ) I may upgrade the Hogue's to the Big Dog grips if he'll make me a set...
Bill
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:18:35 AM EDT
Just got a set of "Big Dog" grips for my CS9 - It made it like a compact 393NL-which is great.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:07:21 AM EDT
IT is still a nice little gun.
Top Top