Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2002 4:23:16 PM EDT
and how much do the magazines cost for a preban 15 rounder.also im kind of partial to glocks right now so how would you compare a beretta model 92  to a glock 17 in reliability and accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
15 round factory mags used are going around $50 and easy to find.

I've got an Italian made 92fs stainless and it's an outstanding weapon. Although I don't have a Glock 17 I do have the 2nd generation Glock 22. I would have to put reliability and accuracy between the two as comparable.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Did someone say >>GLOCK<< !!!

I have Both  92F and A G-17.

The 92F was my first real handgun and I love it for that. But once I started to shoot Glocks with the 3.5klb triggers It was all over for me and my 92F . It is Damn good looking gun though!

If you can try them both out a couple of times and see how they feel for YOU .

Good luck , and If you need any Glock help head on over to the Glock Forum and I`ll try my best.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Like music, cars, and women one's choice in a handgun is a personal thing as different handguns fit our hands differently. I have a few semi-automatic handguns and really enjoy my Beretta 92FS. The big fat frame fits my hand like a glove.

I'd recommend that you get your hand on each pistol and see how they feel.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my American made 92 cheap. I love it. It came with one 10 round magazine, which is long gone. Going rate on used factory 15 rounders around here is $35 & up. I managed to have some pre bans still in the blister pack from a while back. The Italian 92s do seem to be made better, but mine is fine. Neither my Glocks or Berettas ever skipped a beat, so thats a draw. Mags for Glocks cost more, unless you can live with 10 rounders. I prefer the Beretta sight picture, for my old eyeballs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Was just at the range today with my Beretta 92 and my fathers GLock 19.  

I had several people shoot both pistols and everyone grouped better with the Beretta.

I love the weight of the Glock.  Mt Beretta feel so heavy after handling the Glock!  But performance wins out everytime for me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Got one for my wife back in 1989 and really like it.  It's an Italian one.  Two of my brothers have U.S. made ones and I see no difference in quality. Both have great fitting slide and frames.

I remember going to the gun shows before the ban on the high capacity mags and seeing the new G.I. brown wrapped 15 rounders going for $13 and then seeing them jump to $50 when the ban passed.  Wish I had loaded up on them.  I also remember seeing a guy with like about 100 of used factory ones for $25 each at the very last Great Western Gun Show at the L.A. Fairgrounds.  Probably police trade ins.  I picked up three and ended up selling a friend two of them because he couldn't make it to the show.......wish I'de have bought more.

The only failure I have had is breaking the barrel locking block.  I ended up getting a new G.I. barrel and locking block through some outfit in the Shotgun News for $80.  Anyone knows who else sells replacement locking blocks for cheap?  I wouldn't mind having an extra one around.  
Top Top