Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2003 7:08:39 AM EDT
Shotgun news, July 14th issue.
Great story on the P-1, until the ending.
"the BATF declared the Walther P1 to be an "implement of war" and no more can be imported".
Sure, a nazi proofed P1!
Exceed authority much?
I will restrain myself from further comment!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, the P-1 was post WW2, all Nazi proofed models were considered P-38's.
And really.... a "tool of war"?
No more so than any *other* military pistol.
Dumbasses.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:16:03 AM EDT
[#2]
That's the point...the P1 was later, as you already know and had nothing to do with the war.
How can one challenge something like that?
Next step...bullets are "implements of war" and therefore the BATF deems them outright banned?
To me, it's just another nail in the coffin of legal gun ownership...really, only an 8 round 9MM collectable handgun!
If they can get away with that one...
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the "implement of war" deal has to do with the import points.  Imports are ranked according to their "sporting use" features.  Not enough points, and they are not "sporting use" and can't be imported.  Probably need to add thumbrest grips, adujstable sights, etc. to beat that sword into a plowshare.

Ross
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
When did this go into effect?

TIA!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:27:55 AM EDT
[#5]
The "points" system has been around for years but little Bersas and Maks (the fixed sighted ones), for just two examples, don't seem to have any more "points".
Sadly, the P1 can't make C&R status either, agewise.
It's just the fact that "they" linked the wartime nazi P-38 to the postwar civilian and police P1 to being an "implement or war" that just isn't correct, IMO.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Ohh very wise.Ban the importation of a safe, reliable tool,based on a silly points system.

Jackasses.

Meplat-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top