Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2002 10:56:39 AM EDT
I just bought a Para-Ordnance P-13 and loaded up 100rds of Hornady brass, CCI LP primers with Hornady 230gr RN over 4.8grs of Titegroup. Problem is ALL (well almost all) of the brass comes flyin' back at my face. NOW WHAT?!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Point well taken, rocko. You spent big money on a top of the line item, regardless if it is an easy fix or not. I have been known to call various manufacturers and asked about remedies to numerous problems, especially if a warranty is still in effect. I hate sending guns back as much as brass in the face. Or just get your extractor tweaked, like C&L says and maybe an extended ejector and all should be fine. I had a .45 that spit the last shell into my nose, just below the frame of my shooting glasses, talk about leaving the range in  bad mood!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 4:39:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Exactly! $750 for the gun and 4 hicap mags, used, LNIB...but I still shouldn't have to fix it before it's broken in!! I didn't pay to have HOT casings hit me in the face or fly down my shirt!
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Assuming you are going to keep the Para, not a bad idea to get a few spare parts, right? A firing pin, extractor, etc. So you take the new extractor (a quality one) and install it yourself and see what you have...make sense? Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top