Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2013 9:49:16 AM EDT
Update in post 8 below.

So with all the hype Buffalo Bore has been getting (at least from what I've read) I decided to order a few boxes of the 100gr hard cast .380 +p to try in my new Kahr P380. At approx a dollar per round I expect to receive the highest quality product. In one of the boxes I got a deformed round as pictured below. Should I make stink about it to the manufacturer, toss it in the trash, or just shoot it and hope nothing bad happens?

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I cant in good conscious tell you to shoot that, but at a buck a shot I'd be a little irritated.

I'd shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Send Buffalo-Bore a nasty-gram (e-mail) with the pictures and lot numbers.

Who knows?  They might comp you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#3]
If it will chamber I would just choot-it
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#4]
At nearly $2 a cartridge, I wouldn't put up with that.  Get in touch with Buffalo Bore.  They'll likely want to know what happened and work out some sort of deal with you.

I did this with Winchester a few years ago.  A "100-round" .45 ACP value pack I bought at WalMart (remember when those were actually in stock?) contained just 93 cartridges.  Looked like some sort of packaging machine malfunction had pushed out the missing cartridges, perhaps.  Once I got in touch with Winchester, they sent a prepaid label for me to send back the whole box.  I expect they wanted to review their quality control processes.

In return, I received two new, full (this time!) boxes of the same ammunition, which was a very nice gesture.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Send Buffalo-Bore a nasty-gram (e-mail) with the pictures and lot numbers.

Who knows?  They might comp you.
View Quote

Defiantly worth a call too
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I would contact BB.

If I found something like that in a Winchester or Rem bulk pack I would just shake my head and realize that is part of what you expect when you cheap out.

BB not so much, but I am thinking they will jump to make it right . Shit happens
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone. I'll contact BB. I guess I might as well. I'll update if anything interesting happens.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:37:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Update: I sent them the following

Hi there. I recently purchased a Kahr P380 and after lots of
research I decided that the Buffalo Bore 100gr Hard Cast Flat Nose +p round
was going to be my choice for personal protection. I ordered  a few boxes
from an online retailer to see how my handgun handles the round. Upon
receipt and inspection, I noticed a deformed round. Typically, if this was
Win. White Box or generic plinking ammo, I'd dispose of it. However, this is
premium ammunition that, heaven forbid, one day my life might depend on! Is
this common? Have you seen this before? I am unable to attach files through
this contact form. Here are three links to the images. If they do not work,
please reply and I will attach them via my gmail account. Thank you.
View Quote

They replied:

Thanks for the pics. That round is definitely deformed and since I am
intimate with our manufacturing processes, I can normally tell how a round
became damaged, but your is very unique and I cannot tell how it became
deformed.

I need two things from you.
1. Your mailing address so I can send you a check for the deformed round.
2  On the inside of one of the folding end flaps of the box, there will be a
number stamped in ink. What is that number. Thanks.
View Quote

So they're sending me a check for $1? That's odd...
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Much cheaper than them paying to ship back the deformed ammunition.  Less hassle for you, too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Much cheaper than them paying to ship back the deformed ammunition.  Less hassle for you, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suppose... It'll cost me more than that in gas money to cash it lol. Not to be greedy, but I was hoping for a complimentary box of ammo or something haha. Oh well. Either way, seems like they are trying to make things right, and for that I am grateful.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:57:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I suppose... It'll cost me more than that in gas money to cash it lol. Not to be greedy, but I was hoping for a complimentary box of ammo or something haha. Oh well. Either way, seems like they are trying to make things right, and for that I am grateful.
View Quote

Winchester fixed things up most ricky-tick for me, which is one reason I still buy their ammo.  I'm glad to hear Buffalo Bore is being stand-up too.  It's a little odd for them to reimburse you for the one cartridge - but as you say, it's good that they're doing the right thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top