Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2002 6:02:07 PM EDT
I just got my Ceiner unit from Brownells. When I put it on my 1991 Colt, the slide stop pin was very tight. I trouble getting it together, and a real b*tch getting it apart even with generous lube. I did put it together dry. Should I just get a spare pin and dremel it for a slightly looser fit? Any experiences or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Bob
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:I just got my Ceiner unit from Brownells. When I put it on my 1991 Colt, the slide stop pin was very tight. I trouble getting it together, and a real b*tch getting it apart even with generous lube. I did put it together dry. Should I just get a spare pin and dremel it for a slightly looser fit? Any experiences or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Bob

That's probably the best solution.  Surplus slide stops are cheap and I'm a big fan of modifying only the cheapest part.  I wouldn't use a Dremel, though... maybe start out with some 240 grit sandpaper by hand, polishing with a finer grit once the slide stop fits easier.  If it will go in at all, you don't have to remove as much metal as you think.

Of course you could try to modify the conversion unit if you are pretty cocky or don't want to buy another slide stop... but I'd take the safe way out.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot it this past weekend. Lubed the unit real well. Only failures to extract were ammo related. But I think a few spare parts matbe in order. Thanks for the reply Ken.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top