Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/17/2005 3:48:34 AM EDT
I bought a NIB SIG Misquito that had 10% misfires, the take down lever is loose and locked up the action when it was not centered perfictly and the decocking lever locked up the trigger. (this only happened once). I take it back to the dealer two weeks after I bought it and he offers to send it back to SIG for repairs, which is good, Then I asked what if I don't want to keep it. What can you do? He tells me the best he can do is buy it back for $225.00 after it comes back for repairs. This is for a 22 lr pistol with 500 rounds through it for which I just paid him $390.00.

Now I have bought many guns and thinking way back I remember buying a used Lama 22 lr that went full auto on me, The dealer offered me the full price I paid towards any other gun in the store. I also remember buying a POS RG revolver NIB that had an out of spec crain and again the dealer took it back and gave a full in store credit. Was I just lucky before or am I being ripped a new one now?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:52:04 AM EDT
Have you contacted SIG and given them the opprotunity to make things right?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:04:55 AM EDT
Yes. the pistol was shipped back yesterday. However, I feel that when SIG markets a pistol that has three types of malfunction. They allready made it too wrong to make it right. I own several SIGs and may buy others but I will not keep the Misquito. You would have to handle and shoot it to see how poorly made it is. Do you think the Dealer was being fair?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:06:44 AM EDT
Well, it's a manufacturer defect so the dealer is not responsible for the problem other then to possibly help you send it back. Maybe SIG has a different return policy on their firearms then the other companies you mentioned. Thus, the store cannot return it for a refund. Since it is a used gun now I doubt they will be very generous on a known troublesome gun. Hopefully SIG will make it right for you but it does leave a bitter taste in your mouth. I doubt if I would fault the dealer all that much, as he should not have to pay out of pocket for crappy gun manufacturer defects. Now, if you buy a lot of stuff there, the dealer has to weigh losing you as a customer, against any loss he would incur. Sometimes they will eat a bit to keep a good customer. If you do a lot of biz with them remind them of that.................and see what happens.
Top Top