Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/20/2004 9:21:53 AM EDT
alright, i got a brand new XD40 the other day. clean gun-looks good. i like the looks of it. so i'm lookin' it over and i want to do the one thing that i do whenever i get something new. take it apart!!! that's what i did with my first ar15. so i look it over and i don't quite get it so i think "hey dummy-look at the instructions" i look.....and look....and look. i can't find it-oh that's why-THE BOOKLET IS MISSING THE MIDDLE 17 PAGES!!!!!!!!!! aaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh! so-can someone please-please tell me how to pull the slide off? it may be common knowledge for you guys, but this is my first pistol. help-help!!

thanks, jake
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:41:11 AM EDT
OK, from memory...

1. Follow all gun safety rules. DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIGGER AT ANY TIME!

2. Release magazine from weapon - remove magazine

3. Pull back slide and examine chamger to ensure gun is unloaded. Check this twice. Then do it again. Is is unloaded? If yes go to step 4.

4. Release slide forward. Ensure that the rear cocking indicator is out and shows the pistol as being cocked.

5. Pull slide back and engage slide catch. Rotate the slide lock up. Do not attempt to remove slide lock as it is not necessary to remove it for field stripping.

6. Release slide from catch by pushing down on catch or by pulling slide back to release the catch. Ride the slide forward until the weapon is in battery again. Pull the trigger to decock the pistol

7. Push slide forward and it should come off of the frame.

8. Have a nice day.

If you are missing pages contact SA, I'm sure that they will gladly send you a complete manual.

For more info on field stripping, cleaning, etc. for the XD visit: XD-HS2000 board
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:06:33 PM EDT
Oh yeah, to remove the barrel from the slide.

There will be a guide rod with two springs on it holding in the barrel. Push it towards the muzzle and lift it up and out. The barrel can then be removed from the slide.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:07:32 PM EDT
i don't care what anyone says about ya-you're alright! thanks man.

jake
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:54:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:03:10 AM EDT
You can go to Springfield Armory's web site and print a copy of the XD manual.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:53:37 AM EDT
Damn, I typed all that stuff out and forgot about their website! Man I must have had Friday afeternoon brain freeze!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:37:33 PM EDT
When you are ready to start shooting 9mm out of the XD-40, you may want to look into getting a conversion barrel.

http://www.xd-gear.com/proddetail.php?prod=02PA

Welcome to the family!
Top Top