Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:42:34 PM EDT
XD 45 ACP, How many Arfcommers have taken the plunge? Pics, Range reports, accuracy, Opinions..  I can't wait to get one.. How do they compare to a mid level, say a low end Kimber or Springfield loaded 1911 for accuracy? How bout some pics!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag, I'm itching for a Tactical.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link to my range report on the XD forum: report
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a XD45 service model Friday and will take it to the range tomorrow. I'll post after I get back.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one a couple months ago at a gun show and I'm happy with it. The holster that comes with it kinda sucks.
The gun has been flawless and zero malfunctions in the initial testing/break-in period.
I fired 200 rounds of WWB and additional 100 rounds of Remington golden sabre? HP.
Accuracy was expected for a handgun at 25 yards.
Nothing fell off, and when I field stripped it there was little wear. It's a keeper.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent gun, I'm very happy with mine. Shot 206 rounds at the range today. Had 150 rounds of CCI blazer brass which I will never be buying again. I never had a problem firing any of the ammo, but I did have a problem about 5 times loading the first bullet after refilling the mag. I heard most people with the ACP are having problems with CCI Blazer. I shot my box of 50 from wolf. I'm very happy with wolf actually, they shoot dirty but they work and they're cheap. Plus if your not satisfied with your wolf ammo they will buy it back. They also have a lifetime warranty. Also shot 1 Federal Hydrashock and 5 Hand Reloads from someone next to me. His reloads kept jamming after every round in his Colt 1911, and asked if I would try a few through my gun. Worked flawlessly. Here are some pics

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/jrizk07/IMG_1154.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/jrizk07/IMG_1192.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/jrizk07/IMG_1188.jpg
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Mine has been a great pistol and has eaten every thing I have fed it. I had a bout 3 failures to feed the first 150rds but 300rds later no problems at all and the first 150 it was not cleaned just pulled out of the box wiped off and shot. It is a great carry pistol in my opinion. I am thinking about getting the 5" version also.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tag, I'm itching for a Tactical.

me too!!!!!!!! ive shot the 9mm tactical but i want one in the .45 acp!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine has been good

Got between 500-600 rounds with zero problems
At 10 yards the accuracy seems comperable to my Glock 21 but it seems to do alot better at 25 yards than my Glock. The grip is sure more comfortable on my XD.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm waiting for the 4" Service Model in Bi-Tone.  NOBODY seems to have them in yet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I just bought one about an hour ago.  

Hopefully I will be able to get the range this weekend to try it out.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#11]
have one and love it.

it sleeps next to my XD-40 Bi-tone
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Coming up 3000 rds.  So far, so good.  I have not shot "groups", but 25yd plates and "A" zone hits at all ranges come easily.  I have yet to have a failure of any kind with several factory HP's a lot of ball and a lot of my reloads.

Most of my practice is with my 1911's, but I have been taking the XD along to a lot of my practice sessions and I have to say that this is finally a "Glock-like" gun that I like.  My times with it are a lot slower, but that is my only complaint.

I tried Glocks, owned 3 and shot I have no idea how many.  For me, it is a Glock with all the problems corrected.

For the money.....  I like it.  I never thought I would like it as much as I do.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Have not bought the 45 ACP yet, But have shot the service model that the range owns. It's going to be the next XD in my collection. The service model shot great, God only nows how many rounds its seen. It group nice and handled well. Thats why i was waiting to shot one first. Thought better to see what it was all about before taking the plunge.  Most likley going to go with the tactal model. Have my 40's in Sub, and Service models, Love them. As posted, The XD fixed all the things i disliked about the Glock.

Doc. And my 2 cents
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow, Thanks guys. Great stuff. I can't wait to get one of these. Keep up  with the pics! lol
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I just picked one up a few days ago, 4in service model. I'll take it to the range on Saturday. New holster on the way so I can CC it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Went to the gun shop and tripped and accidently bought the XD-45. The new finnish and having a high cappacity is awsome. Took it out with 200 rounds and shot it. I was surprised that it was more accurate then I thought it would be becuase of the short barral.  Shooting beer cans out to10 to 15 yards is not a problem. I did not have any issue with shooting wolf, jhps, and reloads.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I purchased one of the first available on the market in early Feb.  It is FANTASTIC and I love it.  Not one malfunction through 500+ rounds, fits my hand, accurate.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#18]
where do you get extra mags for the 4 inch model ??
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I have tried to get one, but I can not find one. My next move is to call Springfield
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:50:58 AM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Local funstore has a shitload of XD45acp's on display.
The guy who no longer works there said it wouldn't sell since the Glocks weren't
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have tried to get one, but I can not find one. My next move is to call Springfield

They are shipping now, I got the 2 I ordered from SA this week., earlier than promised.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I've got one too, love it.  Need to check on getting some spare mags though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I just got back from my second range session with my XD45 acp.
I really love this gun. Shot 100 rounds of cheap Wolf ball ammo today. At 30' my first shot was almost dead center in the bullseye. The rest of the mag grouped well w/i a 4" circle of that first round. I aimed so the upper half of the bullseye was above the center dot.
At 51', again the first shot was a bullseye! Aimed it so the center dot covered the bullseye. The rest of the rounds from that magazine grouped w/i an 8" circle.
I have weak old eyes and am no expert shot. But this pistol makes me look pretty good.
It fed and fired and functioned perfectly.  I think its a damn fine pistol.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I've had mine about three weeks now. No malfunctions after several hundred rounds of ball and hollow point, it fits my hand like a glove, and hits what I aim for. I personally like the mag loader, it is big and easy to handle. The gun is surprisingly light and compact for a weapon that holds 14 rounds of .45 ACP.

After a few more hundred rounds it will replace my SIG for carry duty.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Somebody in another thread mentioned  they thought the mag loader was useless. Made me wonder if  they inserted the mag backwards or something. I think it works great. There's alot of spring pressure to overcome on those last two rounds and the mag loader makes it a breeze to slide them in.
My local Dealer got spare XD45 acp mags in! But no invoice yet, so they have no idea what to charge for them! Yeesh! I had them put my name on one and they'll call me with the price when it comes in. I just need one more spare mag. The gun came with two mags. That way I can keep my HP ammo in one and take the other two to the range to shoot ball ammo for practice. It gets old stripping those dozen rounds off the mag every week to take to the range.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Had mine for 2 weeks now.  Still haven't time to go to the range.  Hoping to do it this weekend.

Had a 45gap before...good shooter too.  I expect the same from the 45 acp.

Gotta get some TFO's on it....and soon.

Lex
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top