Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/10/2007 8:27:04 PM EST
Today, I went into a local COP SHOP and was checking out some Glock's for sale and all of them had a special notation on the sales tags. "LE SALES ONLY" was handwritten on the tags.

Well , I asked the salesperson about it and said that they were offering Military (Active & Retired), Law Enforcement, or any other person with a legitimate BADGE, a break in price on these guns. I mention that I was prior military, and he told me just to bring in a copy of my DD214 and he would extend that price to me. Pretty cool huh?

So, for a little under $500, I can get a brand spankin new Glock 22 with titrium night sights, and 3 high cap mags. I haven't been watching prices on handguns in ages, so my question is, is this Glock with the night sights and 3 mags worth the $500 he's asking?

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:01:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By AK_Zeke:
Today, I went into a local COP SHOP and was checking out some Glock's for sale and all of them had a special notation on the sales tags. "LE SALES ONLY" was handwritten on the tags.

Well , I asked the salesperson about it and said that they were offering Military (Active & Retired), Law Enforcement, or any other person with a legitimate BADGE, a break in price on these guns. I mention that I was prior military, and he told me just to bring in a copy of my DD214 and he would extend that price to me. Pretty cool huh?

So, for a little under $500, I can get a brand spankin new Glock 22 with titrium night sights, and 3 high cap mags. I haven't been watching prices on handguns in ages, so my question is, is this Glock with the night sights and 3 mags worth the $500 he's asking?

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

GLOCK sets the price on the blue label GLOCKs.

A G22 with 3 mags and PLASTIC FIXED sights, would cost $389.20. then tack on whatever the sights cost (GLOCK $57, Trijicon $72).

If it has a blue label, and they are jacking up the cost, it is against GLOCK's policy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:05:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2007 9:06:38 PM EST by Dano523]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:58:17 AM EST
Depending on what "just under $500" means, they might NOT be jacking up the price. You do have to pay sales tax and federal excise taxes, which agencies do not pay.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:35:16 AM EST
I have (4) $398.20 Glocks.....Fire Department ID. I bought 2 with night sites and 2 without. My dealer will install the night sites at a later date if you want them for $60. I went back and got them put on the other 2.

My dad got his (2) Glocks with Ret Mil ID. Anyone heard if there is going to be a price increase on these anytime soon. I know there hasn't been in several years. I still want to get one more while the price is good.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:48:24 AM EST
Well, I did a little price checking around town.

a STANDARD Glock 22 with 2 high cap mags runs about $495 - 500.

So I can get the LE version for the same price, but comes with a 3rd mag and the titrium night sights.

Alaska Prices typically run higher than the rest of the lower 48 states.
Top Top