Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 9:27:04 PM EDT
Today, I went into a local COP SHOP and was checking out some Glock's for sale and all of them had a special notation on the sales tags. "LE SALES ONLY" was handwritten on the tags.

Well , I asked the salesperson about it and said that they were offering Military (Active & Retired), Law Enforcement, or any other person with a legitimate BADGE, a break in price on these guns. I mention that I was prior military, and he told me just to bring in a copy of my DD214 and he would extend that price to me. Pretty cool huh?

So, for a little under $500, I can get a brand spankin new Glock 22 with titrium night sights, and 3 high cap mags.  I haven't been watching prices on handguns in ages, so my question is, is this Glock with the night sights and 3 mags worth the $500 he's asking?

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Today, I went into a local COP SHOP and was checking out some Glock's for sale and all of them had a special notation on the sales tags. "LE SALES ONLY" was handwritten on the tags.

Well , I asked the salesperson about it and said that they were offering Military (Active & Retired), Law Enforcement, or any other person with a legitimate BADGE, a break in price on these guns. I mention that I was prior military, and he told me just to bring in a copy of my DD214 and he would extend that price to me. Pretty cool huh?

So, for a little under $500, I can get a brand spankin new Glock 22 with titrium night sights, and 3 high cap mags.  I haven't been watching prices on handguns in ages, so my question is, is this Glock with the night sights and 3 mags worth the $500 he's asking?

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

GLOCK sets the price on the blue label GLOCKs.

A G22 with 3 mags and PLASTIC FIXED sights, would cost $389.20. then tack on whatever the sights cost (GLOCK $57, Trijicon $72).

If it has a blue label, and they are jacking up the cost, it is against GLOCK's policy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:58:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending on what "just under $500" means, they might NOT be jacking up the price.  You do have to pay sales tax and federal excise taxes, which agencies do not pay.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:35:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I have (4)  $398.20 Glocks.....Fire Department ID.  I bought 2 with night sites and 2 without.  My dealer will install the night sites at a later date if you want them for $60.  I went back and got them put on the other 2.

My dad got his (2) Glocks with Ret Mil ID.  Anyone heard if there is going to be a price increase on these anytime soon.  I know there hasn't been in several years.  I still want to get one more while the price is good.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I did a little price checking around town.

a STANDARD Glock 22 with 2 high cap mags runs about $495 - 500.

So I can get the LE version for the same price, but comes with a 3rd mag and the titrium night sights.

Alaska Prices typically run higher than the rest of the lower 48 states.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top