Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2003 12:49:24 PM EDT
I have two old Iver-Johnson revolvers.

One looks like it's IJ-6469,
and seen here selling for $35 bucks (3rd one down).
It functions okay, opens, ejects, and trigger works.  Have not fired ammo through it, but locks up well and would probably work (hammer hits, hard, rest isn't loose, etc)

The second I plan to keep is a small lemon squeezer, regular hammer five shot .32S&W that easily fits within the palm of one's hand.  Would be an amusing back up revolver if I guess ever needed.  I have a Kel-tec p32 on the way so it would just be for my amusement.

The gun (the first one) isn't worth much, is too big (it really isn't 'too big', but not worth a .32S&W in that size), and just blah, to actually use or think I would ever have a reason to use.  The lemon squeezer is a little more unique and is in better condition, and might be fun just to have as a back up for for some one else if camping or what have you.  

What should I do with the first one?  Donate it to an Ar15.com member who might want it?  Destroy it/give it to the police?  I got these from my Grandmother whose sister's husband bought them way back when.  Possibly the 40s or earlier.

Suggestions?

(and yes, when the government comes and takes all the guns away that have been 'registered' or you had your FFL process them, it'd be nice to still have 'something', but more realistically....)

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
keep 'em
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The lemon squeezers are fun guns. If it's in pretty good shape it can also be surprisingly accurate. The 32S&W is far harder to find than 38S&W, but it is still out there.

I have an old Model 3 change 4 that I take out for a run every once in a while. Most folk have never seen or shot a revolver that flings brass. The only real problem is that the I frame, like the current J frames, is tiny. Those grips are a bear to hold and shoot with any accuracy.

I'd keep them, clean them up and shoot em.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep it
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#4]
keep it
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Destroy it/give it to the police?

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR DAMN MIND!?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Destroy it/give it to the police?

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR DAMN MIND!?

; ) didn't say I would!  Just curious if other people thought that!  If there is ever any gun collection (and I somehow survive the process), it'll be the old relics and home made ones (and the thousands and thousands of mass produced non-registered/location/sales kept rifles/pistols) that are still available.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Give it some Rem oil or break free and stash it in the vault.  You would hate to find yourself regretting having gotten rid of it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep it, besides the owl on the grip being cool, it would make a nice conversation piece at the 100 yard line.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#9]
You can never have too many toys ..er I mean guns ... so keep 'em!
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:00:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Keep it.
In some jurisdictions, you can avoid the waiting period by trading a handgun when buying one.  You never know when you might find yourself living in one.
ML
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#12]
remember the gun "buy backs" during the 90's? i still have an Italian .25 auto i'm wanting to get a $100 for!

i say unless you can do that, just keep 'em.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Keep it, else you may be replying to one of those "What firearm did you regret selling" threads. Besides, you can NEVER have too many guns!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I have yet to sell any firearm that I did not regret to some extent later.
What you gonna do with the $35 windfall anyway?  Blow it on a couple cases of beer and 1000 primers?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#15]
When we are overun by an army of badguys in a movie you can arm your granny neighbor with the bigger one and she'll use it in the final battle scene.

Seriously, keep them for your own amusement and sentimental value. Throw the larger one in the vault and keep the lemon squeezer by the roll of toilet paper- never know when you'll get caught off guard
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 12:21:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Since they are not worth a hell of alot, why not stash them in the basement or in a room with out any other firearm? This way you are gun ready no matter what room you are in. A little .32 will help you fight your way back to the good stuff. :>)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top