Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 8:53:57 AM EDT
I am currently carrying using a DeSantis leather belt with no internal stiffining. Both my belts are four or five years old and aren't getting soft or anything like that. What I don't like is the fact that I always seem to be between holes when I adjust the belt for comfort. I'm looking at the Wilderness instructor belt and am wondering if the five stich or the added stiffener is necessary given what I'm already using. TIA for any info.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I run a 5 stitch and it supports my G26 perfectly. Unfortunately I never have had any experience with other gun belts or heavier guns, but if you plan on using it for a long time, why not just spring for the 5 stitch? Wilderness has a special going on right now on the 5 stitch belts anyways.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#2]
A five-stitch is plenty for everyday carry.  I use mine for 3-gun where it has adequately supported a CZ SP-01 (full-size, all steel), 2 pistol mags, and 2 AR mags.

The Wilderness CSM model with the insert is gear towards competition use and, IMO, would be unnecessary for typical CCW.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I would suggest the 5 stitch for every day wear. It easily supports a 1911 and 2 mag holders.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I run a 5 stitch and it supports my G26 perfectly. Unfortunately I never have had any experience with other gun belts or heavier guns, but if you plan on using it for a long time, why not just spring for the 5 stitch? Wilderness has a special going on right now on the 5 stitch belts anyways.

link for wilderness special?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, pretty much everybody is telling me what I though the deal was. The five stich is plenty strong for every day carry, which is what I want, For the occasional IDPA match I think I can get away without the reinforced belt.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinnacle/index.php?p=product&id=2309&parent=142

Under the belt stiffness drop down menu
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinnacle/index.php?p=product&id=2309&parent=142

That's not a special. They must have raised their prices. They've been $39.95 for years.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not a special. They must have raised their prices. They've been $39.95 for years.

They usually charge extra for the 5 stitch, but it is currently a free upgrade.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:27:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I've always bought mine from Dillons which is also here in AZ and they sell them for $39.95. I've been to the Wilderness shop for other things and they're great people with excellent customer service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top