Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 4:02:43 PM EDT
So our refund check is on its way and I've gotten the bug (again) for another gun.  I've decided to order an OD Green G-17.  Don't get me wrong, I love my XD 9 Subcompact for CCW, but I'd like to get into IDPA and I think I'll be at a disadvantage with it.  I went by the local shop today and held the 17, 19, and 34.  The 17 just plain fit...the 34 did too but I don't think the longer barrel is worth the $120 premium.  I realize that there are more differences, but the 17 will suit me just fine for now.  Looking forward to joining the "Glock club".

Edited to correct poor grammar.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The G17 kinda gives added advantage on IDPA like competitions where the mag changes are necessary and time is all important.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:40:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nevermine I was being condescending

You...condescending? That's odd...

Welcome to the dark side Teach!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:05:08 AM EDT
[#5]
congrats I cant get my wife to cut loose of any cash
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:07:32 AM EDT
[#6]
You actually ASKED?

j/k. Enjoy!

Meanwhile, I have to send the assholes a check big enough to buy TWO AR's.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:44:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You actually ASKED?

If I don't I sleep in the doghouse, or worse, .
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I shoot a glock 17 for IDPA.    

My question is this.   If you carry the XD as a CCW then why wouldn't you use it for IDPA?   I know that no one likes to finish last and that the  17 is a great gun.   If you want to "game it" then that's fine.  

But I'm curious?

Why not shoot the XD for a while and get used to drawing from concealment etc?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I have to buy my wife another dog in exchange for me getting a new handgun.  CONGRATS
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

My question is this.   If you carry the XD as a CCW then why wouldn't you use it for IDPA?   I know that no one likes to finish last and that the  17 is a great gun.   If you want to "game it" then that's fine.  

But I'm curious?

That would be my method of thinking.  I use a G17 for 3gun, and when I shoot IDPA, I'll use it too.  G17 is my carry gun.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:49:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

But I'm curious?

I have a feeling that before long he'll be carrying the G17 or buying a G19 for his CCW

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I'm curious?

I have a feeling that before long he'll be carrying the G17 or buying a G19 for his CCW

Probably.    Convert.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top