Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2003 7:17:14 AM EDT
I have a Browning HiPower I'm thinking of having some work done to by Wickmann Gun Works. Anyone out there with ANY type experience with this company? (It seems they work on Brownings, 1911s, SIGs, KAHR and S&W) Their work is kinda pricey, so I'm shopping around for any comments before I drop the bucks. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Kurt Wickmann was the guy who did the Hi Power work for Novak's for years...excellent gun mechanic and does beautiful work. If this is his shop...and I believe it is, I'm sure he is pricey...and that he is very, very good as well. Can't say what he is like to deal with, however.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:17:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I believe it IS Kurt Wickmann. Thanks for the feedback.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:16:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I've known Kurt for a while, just haven't talked with him much the last couple years. Kurt does excellent detail work, and is a perfectionist. His Hi-powers have always been of the best quality, and work perfectly. I don't know that there is a better gunsmith available to send a hi-power to.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:28:41 AM EDT
[#4]
gamesniper, Wickmann Gun Works did Novak sights on Stephen A. Camp's CZ75. They did a great job but it took a long time. Novak put Trijicons on my CZ75 in a very short period. I am sure the work done to these pistols was equal but I think Wickmann Gun Works is a one man show. Regards, Richard:D
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:20:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, guys. Work will have to wait until after the holidays, but it looks like this is where I'm gonna have it done. BTW, the pistol currently shoots and operates great, but after visiting his website I've become interested in some tweakin'.
The GF says," NO MORE GUNS", so for the sake of preserving harmony in the household , I guess I'll just have to do some mods on what I already have.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Talk to Bartholomew_Roberts.  It think Kurt did his Hi-Power

Even has a website:

www.ont.com/users/kolya/HiPo.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top