Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2003 3:05:17 PM EDT
I bought a new stainless Springfield Government a couple of months back and due to the heat here in the swamplands I havent' had a chance to shoot it much.  On the first outing I used the mags that came with the pistol and no problem.  I saw a couple of Wilson Combat mags at a recent gunshow for cheap and snatched them up.  I went out shooting and the Wilson mags will not catch in the mag well but the originals work fine.
So, I guess my question is:
If I bought officers model/compact mags, is this the reason that they will not fit into my full size 1911?
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#1]
are you sure they are wilson mags?

i bought some supposedly colt mags a couple of years ago and they would not even fit in the gun.(a 1911)
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#2]
"If I bought officers model/compact mags, is this the reason that they will not fit into my full size 1911?"

Yes, if the magazines you bought are for the Officer's ACP length frame they will not seat (catch) in a Government frame. Compair the length of the Wilson's you have to the one's theat came with the gun and do work (don't include the thickness of the base pad, just the metal body). If the Wilson's are shorter you have your explination.

If they aren't shorter, ask yourself why they were for sale "cheap". There might be a reason, like some body screwed with them and they don't work for him anymore either.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes, if the magazines you bought are for the Officer's ACP length frame they will not seat (catch) in a Government frame. Compair the length of the Wilson's you have to the one's theat came with the gun and do work (don't include the thickness of the base pad, just the metal body). If the Wilson's are shorter you have your explination.

Well, that is my explanation.  I just assumed they were for the full size Gov't frame.  I guess I will have to go out and buy a gun to fit these magazines now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
How much you want for the mags cash or trade.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 3:51:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By dangerousdan
Well, that is my explanation.  I just assumed they were for the full size Gov't frame.  I guess I will have to go out and buy a gun to fit these magazines now.

I like that answer!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top