Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2002 10:04:17 AM EDT
If like me, you have limited money to spend, where is the money better spent? Should I buy a good belt designed for a holster and a less expensive holster? Or should I spend it all on the holster and just use my dress belts?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#1]
The belt makes all the difference in the world.  It provides the steady foundation you need for the holster.  I always used a regular belt until about two years ago when I ordered one of the specials from Wild Bills Concealment leather(belt, holster, & mag pouch).  It has made a believer out of me and I am never going back.  A great holster on a cheap belt will just flop around and will print on your outer clothing. A good belt will hold the holster tight to the body for better concealment. I carry concealed every day and to the best of my knowledge my weapon has never been seen in any weather.  You will still need to use a good holster(no bagmaster ones), but the belt is more important in my uninformed opinion.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I had to go with the belt. If you take a great holster with a flimsy belt the holster will twist and turn when you attempt to draw. People look at me funny when I say I paid $100 for my belt but it was worth it. Regards, Richard
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#3]
If the holster doesn't fit your gun, you might as well tie the triggerguard to a long loop of parachute cord around your neck.

The real answer is, "Get both."
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The real answer is, "Get both."

I'll agree with that... although if I had to pick either the belt or the holster to skimp on slightly it would be the holster. If one seriously plans on carrying a gun concealed they really should not go the cheap route on any of their gear.  

Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Pick up a belt from Dillon Precision.  I finally did, and it was probably the best $50.00 I ever spent.

You can get by a lot better with a mediocre holster paired with a good belt, than you can with a great holster and a flimsy belt.

Besides, you can enjoy the benefits of a good stiff belt even when you're not carrying.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Besides, you can enjoy the benefits of a good stiff belt even when you're not carrying.

I enjoy a good stiff belt even when carrying.

Top Top