Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 6:18:16 AM EDT
Can someone point me in the direction of a place to find out which Springfield frames are steel and which are not.  I can't find the info I'm looking for on thier website.  I am re-evaluating my choice of a micro compact, although I believe the mil-spec micro is steel framed.  Help.
guns762
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The little Micro is a hard anodized alloy frame, according to their website.
You have to pick a model and scroll down for the details.
I would have done it for you but this old 133 'puter at work chokes easily
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:59:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Gene.
Now I feel like an idiot.  I was sure I had scrolled all the way to the bottom, but I'll go check them out again.  

Gene, or anybody else, what is your opinion on alloy frames on 1911's.  Just as durable?  Would you own one?  I want to use this as a CCW, and I would hope that I can find something lighter than my 92fs.  I've kind of ruled out anything less than 4" for barrel length, and still debating over officers and commander length frames.  Suggestions and recommendations are very welcome.
Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top