Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 6:52:11 PM EDT
Thinking about getting a CT on my 23, but see that there are two models with widely varying price points.

1. The "old" one is the LG 617 and can be found for 150 online.

2. The new on is the LG 417 and is nearly twice the price.

Do any of you guys use and like the LG 617? Looks like they changed the activation point on the new model and streamlined it a bit.

Just wondering if it is worth an extra 125 bucks for the new model.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:57:42 AM EDT
[#1]
JW777, VVV, any thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#2]
If I was going to put a Crimson Trace grip on a Glock then I would DEFINITELY go with the new model they have coming out.  I don't like adding something that changes the grip's feel and angle of the barrel.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I would use the new mode. It has a on/off so you don't have to always have on. The old model as soon as you grab the gun it automatically turns the laser on. The new ones, you can grab the gun and you choose if the laser is on or off.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:02:29 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are not going to run a light on the pistol I would go with the model that clamps on the trigger guard.  I have the older model on my G26 and the laser emitter and pressure switch do add some bulk the pistol both in width and grip diameter.  An off switch would be a nice thing to have as well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you are not going to run a light on the pistol I would go with the model that clamps on the trigger guard.  I have the older model on my G26 and the laser emitter and pressure switch do add some bulk the pistol both in width and grip diameter.  An off switch would be a nice thing to have as well.

Thanks for the input.

Which trigger guard mounted laser is considered pretty good? I know CTC is the best, but I do not want extra bulk like the LG 617 and I am not paying almost 300 bucks for the new model either.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#6]
LG-436 for Glock is the model that I would choose if I had no plans on running a weapon light.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the guide rod laser myself.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Does the trigger guard one mess up the polymer frame by putting a mark on it?

I had a trigger guard Glock laser in the 1990s, and it did this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Honestly, I haven't seen the new one.  I've only seen and checked out the one that sits up on the backstrap, with the activation button in the middle.  It activated as soon as you aquired a firing grip.

I didn't like that one too much because it changed the way the grip felt..............made it just a bit "too much".  And the fact that it could interfere with some holsters, some I even use, such as ones with a thumbreak.  Didn't like that at all.

I also didn't like the fact that the laser was emitted from the right, upper side, in back......................so when my trigger finger was indexed along the frame, it totally blocked the beam.  It interfered with the way I've been trained.  My finger's always gonna be right there, until I'm on target and am ACTUALLY going to fire.  

My thoughts in general are that I'm not too crazy about lasers on a pistol anyway, in part because I haven't yet seen one I'd be totally happy with.

The lasermax unit replaces a very integral part of the pistol, so to me that also is a No-Go.

The ones that mount on the accessory rail interfere with all the holsters I'd use, and make the weapon more bulky than I would like, so that too is a No-Go, for me.

I'll have to check out this "new" design by CT, haven't seen it yet.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:13:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Vini.... I have to agree with you. I have not yet found one I like either and for the same reasons. Here is a link to the new CT laser: New CT Laser
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top