Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2002 5:57:26 AM EDT
I'm looking for a 1911 slide, in stainless. The kicker is I don't want any mfg's mark's on the side. Who makes ont that don't have their name in bold letter's on the slide.

Thank's for the help.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:40:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:47:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2002 8:54:36 AM EDT by Big_Bear]
ICBW, but I don't think you're going to find one. Most of the major custom 1911 mfgs. outsource their slides and frames, and have their names stamped on them.

Jerico makes slides and frames for Kimber, CMC, Wilson Combat, and Nowlin, and Karl Lewis Machine makes slides and frames for Les Baer and Rock River Arms. Ed Brown uses Caspian slides and frames. Jerico and Karl Lewis Machine are OEM jobbers only. You can order Caspian slides but AFAIK they're all stamped with a big "C" on the slide. SVI and STI produce their own slides and frames, as do Colt and Springfield.

That's the latest info I have, but alas, I'm not a pistolsmith so I may not be 100% correct. Thanks for the info, Kurt. I didn't know Caspian had a website.

Edited to correct error. Kurt was posting as I was typing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:42:42 AM EDT
Kurt, I emailed Caspian to see if they would do this.

Big Bear, you wouldn't by chance have a number or link to Jerico or Karl Lewis Machine would you?

Thank's for the help.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:33:25 PM EDT
Nope, sorry Beaubeaux. Good luck with Caspian. You might try SVI or STI too.

www.sviguns.com
www.stiguns.com
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 2:37:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:20:01 AM EDT
Kurt, you are right on the money. They emailed me back this morning. No problem, I called and will have it with the dovetail cut's for front and rear sight's in 10 day's or less. I talked with Greg. Very helpful folk's.

Big_Bear, thank's for your input as well. I'll keep the addresses in the favorites.
Top Top