Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2007 7:00:57 PM EDT
My supervisor and friend at work Kb'd his G20 (long story, different thread) and I heard something about Glock having a program where you send them your exploded gun and you have the option to buy a new one for 300 clams.
Is there truth to this? Who to call? A local dealer or Glock Inc.?
Has anyone here done it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 10:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think Glock has a "send us your blown up gun program". I think they have a time or two made an effort to help out some customers while not really accepting any responsiblity. Kinda like "this wasn't a design failure of our gun, but we'll cut you a break for being a good customer".

I would imagine it is all on a case by case basis. Send it back to Glock. The worst they can tell you is your out of luck.

Good luck.
GH
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:04:25 AM EDT
[#2]
DEF. a case by case thing.

GLOCK isn't going to eat the cost every time a gun blows up, sometimes its dumbass' fault who loads the ammo wrong, sometimes its the ammo company's fault.

GLOCK is good about taking care of loyal customers, and is AWESOME about taking care of a faulty pistol... but I doubt very seriously that they are going to up and replace everything that has a problem without a hitch...
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:05:03 AM EDT
[#3]
This has to be discussed with Glock on an individual basis. If the failure of the gun can be traced back to faulty ammo, the manufacturer of the ammo will be responsible, if it's personal reloads, they have helped the reloader out with the above mentioned price.

I'd call them before, I'd send it off.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:05:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Also, a call to a local dealer is almost never a good thing... if you want misinformation, sure...

If you want the low down on what GLOCK wants, call GLOCK.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:29:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I know of two cases, locally, where Glock has either replaced KBd Glocks for around $300 (that price might have gone up a little) or fixed the pistol, if possible, for much less than anybody else would fix it.  In both cases, bad reloads were the problem.

I think you're wasting your time and Glock's with a phone call.  Just send the pistol to them with a note and they'll let you know what they'll do.  ALL they're going to tell you over the phone is to send the Glock in , which is exactly the same thing that I'm telling you.  They won't tell you over the phone whether they'll replace the pistol, or under what conditions.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:44:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Good point.

My point, though, was not to call a gunshop, asking what GLOCK will do, because they are not GLOCK.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:34:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I have had the same pistol serviced 4 times by Glock and they never charged me ONCE.  The last time I sent it in, the slide was cracked by the ejection port and the barrel lug was snapped off.  

You have to send in the ammo you were using along with the box to prove they were not reloads.  If you shoot reloads in a Glock, do not expect your gun to be replaced.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have had the same pistol serviced 4 times by Glock and they never charged me ONCE.  The last time I sent it in, the slide was cracked by the ejection port and the barrel lug was snapped off.  

Can you give us a little more background on this?  Model, ammo, parts, etc?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 1:21:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I live in metro Atlanta and my department purchases all of our Glocks from Smyrna Police Distributors. A few years back, we had a Gen II G22 suffer a pretty harsh failure - in which case it was replaced for free.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:14:35 AM EDT
[#10]
My experience is that Glock will treat you right (but not replace the KB'd pistol free), even if you are using reloads and an aftermarket barrel.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top