Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 11:20:30 PM EDT
I'm thinking of  selling or trading in my HK USP. It's a full size model in .45. It has 2 ten round mags and is excellent to very good condition. I saw a nice folding stock AK for 429 dollars and thought that the gun shop might trade me straight up for it. I know I paid way more than that but it's used. On the other hand it's in great shape and functions flawlessly.Does this sound like a decent deal or am I setting my sights to low.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm guessing but I'd say $500-600.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Depending on if there is wear from holstering, round count, and whether you have the box, lock paperwork etc... it should be worth 500-550 all day long. Maybe even more since it is a .45. I would think you could do better selling it here and pocket the change. Also type of AK is a biggie. You can get some great deals on AK's either here or from the online guys like AIM. Good Luck.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Sell it on the EE and buy a good AK on the EE.  You will make out best this way.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:14:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the quick responses. I'm not sure if I have the box or not. The wife may have stashed it someplace. I've actually had the since the USP's came out but don't shoot it very much.It has no holster wear at all as I considered a little to large for a carry piece.I may start shopping it around to gun shops this week and see if they will give me a fair deal now that I know what the ballpark is. Thanks again
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The shop will never give you what you could get on the EE, I sold a really nice USP 45 for 600 a few weeks ago, and have had 3 contacts since asking if it has sold yet.

It had the case, all paperwork, and 2-10 round mags. Probably had 400 rounds through it, with no wear.

Sell it for $600 on the EE shipped to their FFL, or try and get a face to face sale if you live in a big city. (thats what I did)
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
i'll gladly trade you my SAR-1 Romanian AK in great shape straight up for your USP - including 8 east German 30rd and one 40 rd. mags

i'm minutes from midway airport . . i'll drive to meet someplace - i'll even sweeten the deal with a couple of boxes of chinese steel core ammo and vertical foregrip

my camera sucks and i'm a horrible photographer
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#7]
more than $429....$600 max, more around $550 if i had to guess, depending on finish
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:13:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i'll gladly trade you my SAR-1 Romanian AK in great shape straight up for your USP - including 8 east German 30rd and one 40 rd. mags

i'm minutes from midway airport . . i'll drive to meet someplace - i'll even sweeten the deal with a couple of boxes of chinese steel core ammo and vertical foregrip

img86.imageshack.us/img86/4941/trooperop0449rp.jpg
img86.imageshack.us/img86/9979/trooperop0464ev.jpg

my camera sucks and i'm a horrible photographer

IBTL.

Interestate commerce of a handgun without FFL is Illegal.

Soliciting illegal acts, violation of the COC.

I just sold my USP compact 45 for $625 a while back, with 3 mags and holsters.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

IBTL.

huh? even if we exchange foid and necessary information??
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IBTL.

Hes from indiana.  Unless hes a resident of IL, a FTF transfer of firearms between people from a different state is illegal.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IBTL.

You can transfer him your rifle legally, he cannot transfer you a handgun without an FFL.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks for the heads up, dudes

and a bump for 10 ring
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top