Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 5:20:35 AM EDT
Are these any good? Are they new receivers on old kits or what?

Also, anyone know who is offering Tec-DC9s these days?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Can I ask you a serious question?
Why do you want one?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:23:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Because I like the little 9mm squirt guns. I've got the expensive stuff covered. What help is it to be a gun snob?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:29:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Because I like the little 9mm squirt guns. I've got the expensive stuff covered. What help is it to be a gun snob?

I wish I could find a pre-86 transferable Tec-9........put a single point sling on it and go!

I have fired both the MAC 10 and 9 in 9mm in full-auto, they are good smg's........but semi, they are just paperweights.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are these any good? Are they new receivers on old kits or what?

Also, anyone know who is offering Tec-DC9s these days?

IIRC, the SOG MACs are Cobray.  I had a new Cobray 9mm MAC - I had an out of battery discharge.  Gun was fine and still functioned, but the brass shrapnel cut my brother's hand.  I sold it soon after.

I now have a MPA (Masterpiece Arms) MAC clone, that seems much better in quality.  No problems whatsoever.

That being said, I agree with rogue007.  The semi version is not really as fun to shoot as it would seem.  Inaccurate, unweildy, snappy recoil.  The only reason I keep it is that I already own it, and it is so politically incorrect.  I rarely shoot it, and would not buy it again if I could go back in time.  A good Glock with a high-cap mag is a much better weapon.

As far as the Tec DC-9.  I have three and love them.  They are a blast to shoot and bump-fire.  Your best bet is Gunbroker, where you should spend no more than $350-$400.  Be sure that you secure some original factory mags - not the aftermarket POS mags.  Mine run flawlessly with factory mags.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an AB-10 that runs flawlessly. It came with one original 32rnd. I got one of the USA 50rnd to run as well, but I had to shorten the front to back length with a 2x4 and 2lb sledge.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have an AB-10 that runs flawlessly. It came with one original 32rnd. I got one of the USA 50rnd to run as well, but I had to shorten the front to back length with a 2x4 and 2lb sledge.

That right there qualifies you for WECSOG membership!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top