Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/3/2006 5:40:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 4:29:37 AM EST by Bladeswitcher]
I haven't owned a handgun in a number of years but I just bought another sample of my all-time favorite — the S&W Model 65 with a 3 inch barrel.

I went looking for my old favorite ammo and couldn't find commercially produced FBI loads anywhere.

What I'm looking for is .38 special +P lead semi-wadcutter hollow points. Everybody used to make them and now nobody seems to. What happened? Does anyone still sell this venerable old round? If not, what are people carrying in their .38/.357 revolvers? I prefer the lighter recoil of the +P .38s over full-power magnums.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:01:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/3/2006 6:02:51 PM EST by lu380]
Sorry, hi-tech "tactical" ammo is all the rage these days. LSWC rounds will have to be handloaded if you want them. Most of the range ammo I've seen lately has a FMJ bullet with the same profile as most 9mm ball.

ETA: I just remembered, I think Federal still makes half-jacketed semi wadcutters. I believe their "HI-Shock" (not Hydra-Shock) version of .38spl comes this way.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:29:15 AM EST
never mind, I found it . . .
Top Top