Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2005 11:16:03 AM EDT
well thats pretty simple if you were trying to sell a beretta what would you say are the better points (full size models)?

what would you change about your beretta if you could?
Link Posted: 2/20/2005 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the accuracy, reliabilty and the affordable and easily available 15 round mags.  The mag issue was more important when the ban was in effect but they are still more affordable than most other mags.

What I don't like is the slide mounted safety and I'd like to get a G model that is decock only.  I also would prefer to have a dovetailed front sight, which is available on the Vertec and Brigadier slides.
Link Posted: 2/20/2005 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
seems the Beretta takes a little longer to lock back up, I can feel the slide going back and forward unlike my P226 and G17
Link Posted: 2/20/2005 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
seems the Beretta takes a little longer to lock back up, I can feel the slide going back and forward unlike my P226 and G17

What slide do you have?  I've heard that the heavier brigadier slides do this sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2005 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I have noticed this with the brig slides when shooting the brig and standard side by side, both 92's.  I would never put a brig slide on a 9mm, but I like it on my 96.
Link Posted: 2/20/2005 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#5]
it's shiny

it goes bang when I want it to

it doesn't go bang when I don't want it to
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#6]
What I like about my SS Vertec 9mm is how the grip fits my hand, the decock safety, availability of hi-cap mags, and it's smoothness of action when I shoot it.  

What I don't like is the plastic gide rod.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A steel framed 92/96 would be nice, stainless steel all the better.
While on the topic of frames...move the safety there too.
I agree on a dovetailed front sight on the "lesser" models.
All that aside, I love 'em.

What you just descibed they already make as the 92/96 Steel I.  Steel frame, frame mounted safety and a Vertec slide so you get the dovetailed front sight.  It has the Vertec grip but no accessory rail.

It replaced that Billenium thing they used to make.
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What slide do you have?  I've heard that the heavier brigadier slides do this sometimes.

I have a Stainless 92 Brigadier FS, didn't know they were heavier, thanks!

I'm going to trade this puppy in for a regular 92FS
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#10]
What DON'T I like about it?

That would be the length of trigger pull.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

have you tried the short trigger they use in the Vertec?
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Their website sucks.  There's no detailed listing of the models of 92's available and they seem to make/discontinue select models at will.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Their website sucks.  There's no detailed listing of the models of 92's available and they seem to make/discontinue select models at will.  

Agreed.  The scary thing is that they actually did a redesign a couple years ago and it was even worse before.
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 1:11:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

have you tried the short trigger they use in the Vertec?

Good idea.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Dislikes :
 Seems to be less accurate than my SA Loaded 1911
 I don't really care for the decock only

Cycling the slide by hand, the gun is slicker than greased owl snot
 Very comfortable grip and grip angle
 Overall, fit and finish seems to be far above the average handgun
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Smoothest action of any semi-auto pistol I have put my hands on.

Very, very accurate.

cheap mags.

Easy to shoot well.

Fit and finish is top notch, my stainless came with a steel guide rod, not plastic.

Looks like Michelangelo himself sculpted the lines of this beautiful pistol.<---sorry, art teacher coming out.

Don't like:
Safety, very hard to manipulate quickly when *drawing down*

Size is a little big for the 9mm, although I still carry this occasionaly as my CCW.

That is it.  Great pistol.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Got a 92FS today.  Took it out and shot it.

Shot silhouettes at 4 to 5 yards.  Shooting was fast, point-shooting.  Double and tripple taps and mozambiques, starting on double action.  A few mags were fast DA 'first shots'.  

Shot 16 Win 147 gr JHP white box rds, and 150 blazer 115gr.  Function was perfect.

The Beretta shot the 10 ring out of both silhouettes.  Very few were outside the 10 ring.

DA and SA shots went to the same poi...in the 10 ring.

The B 92FS is one point shooter deluxe.  And, it looks sooo good.

The Beretta 92FS is right there with my Sig 226 and Glocks.  Superb paper punching art objects and defenders of human life.

Link Posted: 3/5/2005 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine are both very smooth and accurate. My couger is harder to get mags for than my 92 but I still love it. What I hate on my 92 is the front sight not being dove tailed and I wish the double action trigger pull was a bit lighter. They are both stainles and are finished very well. The milling on mine is nice both inside and out which is something you do not see on a lot of guns to day.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:26:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Only dislike is front sight needs to be dovetailed,Dont like a fixed front sight and especially on  a $600 gun
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:49:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
...on  a $600 gun

Yea... definitely the price I hate!  My 92FS cost me $719 NIB at a local dealer.  Oh well.  I absolutely love the consistency, reliability, and ease of field stripping.  There's my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#21]
My vertec was $589 before the $50 off sale. and the regular 92fs was a bit cheaper
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
well thats pretty simple if you were trying to sell a beretta what would you say are the better points (full size models)?

what would you change about your beretta if you could?

What do I like about my Beretta?

What's not to like?
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...on  a $600 gun

Yea... definitely the price I hate!  My 92FS cost me $719 NIB at a local dealer.  Oh well.  I absolutely love the consistency, reliability, and ease of field stripping.  There's my 2 cents.

Got mine for $525 NIB
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I got my 92 several years ago when they had a discount for military types.  I like the gun a lot, except when shooting double action, the trigger pull took some getting used to. Of course, that was an excuse to shoot more.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Like?  It's a fine piece & damn great pistol - my 8040 & 92FS both.  

Don't like?  All the bullshit talk about problems with Berettas from people that don't know shit and never had one.  

Yes, you can nit pick on anything.  They work for me.  Now made in USA - even better!  

DC
NRA Life Member
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#27]
I forgot to add that one of the best things about them is that they make liberals mad.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:16:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Got mine for $525 NIB

Curse you!  I officially don't like you Flame!  LOL

-kidding
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:33:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
That first double action pull is pretty heavy, particularly compared with the single action follow up shots and the gun is pretty big for a 16 shot 9mm. I have almost never carried it concealed.

Have you done the Wolff spring changes?  I bought the spring kit that included the hammer, recoil, and ?one other?(can't remember off the top of my head), but it made the double action, as well as the single action, feel lighter, and more manageable.  

I carried my 92fs for a couple of years before I bought my Springfield Champion.  The only thing that seems different is the width of the grip.  I'm 6'3", 195lbs, and it was fairly easy to conceal with a baggy shirt.

Oh.....
I bought my Inox 92fs, I think about 3 years ago....and paid ....

$468.00 NIB from an online dealer   I sold my Mini 14 for $480.00 to fund it.  I don't regret the purchase fo the Beretta, it is one of my favorite firearms, but I do miss the Mini
[Dad's voice]Never, ever, ever, sell a gun[/Dad's voice]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#30]
You guys may think I'm nuts, but I had a gun dealer do this for me and have YET to have a problem with it.  Replace the main spring with one from a standard Colt 1911 Gov issue.  Easy to come by, cheap, and the double action pull is noticeably lighter than standard.  I didnt believe him when he was doing it.  But 30 seconds later, I was sold.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top