Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2007 11:12:40 AM EDT
Aim has these for $750 and I'm thinking of getting rid of my G21 since it is a pain to carry IWB. Is this a good one to get? I have had 2 1911s before and both were older Colts, and I am starting to miss them now.

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_Kimber_Custom_II_.45acp_1911_Pistol.html
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:23:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:24:34 AM EDT
I am not a fan, but many on here are.

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:27:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SGB:
It's a good price, not GREAT but good.

Agreed.

I wouldn't point and laugh at you if that is what you paid for a Custom II, if that's what you're asking ;)
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:54:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2007 5:55:15 AM EDT by gs1150]
At the fun store yesterday,saw a Kimber 10mm Target in Stainless for 9 bills.  Is that a fair price? Its been ages since I got a new pistol.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:28:46 AM EDT
I have carried the Custom ll Stainless Kimber for two years and it is a super performer. I had Springfield Armory machine checker the front grip area with 25 lines per inch. Also I installed a Ed Brown mag chute and use Wilson mags. If I were to do it over I would buy the Kimber TLE Stainless only because  the checkering and night sights are included.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:42:18 AM EDT
I have that in the basic black and it shoots great.  I paid less for mine but like the others have said it is good but not great in price.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:32:57 PM EDT
Well,
When I got back from the sandbox the second time, I was at a range, saw a custom 2 in the new gun counter, said what the hell, bought it. I then bought a small bottle of Breakfree CLP, stopped by the range counter and bought 300 rounds of 45 and 3 chip Mc Cormick mags, went on the firing line, threw in some clp, and proceeded to fire all 3oo rounds, with NO malfunctions. I was expecting at least a few, but I had none. So the custom II definetly gets my vote, but I like mine in the black oxide finish. Also, all teh malfunctions people report, are probably because they are holding the gun like a bitch. Man up, hold on, eat that recoil and the gun will do just fine. Just my opinion, YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:10:54 PM EDT
I really like Kimbers.  They have a bad reputation mostly in part because of the bright idea to come out with an EE.  That and more than a few have had to return their Kimber more than once.  That is the worst.  My Custom II with IE ran like a top and I only sold it to buy a Baer.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:17:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By C_Rion:
Well,
When I got back from the sandbox the second time, I was at a range, saw a custom 2 in the new gun counter, said what the hell, bought it. I then bought a small bottle of Breakfree CLP, stopped by the range counter and bought 300 rounds of 45 and 3 chip Mc Cormick mags, went on the firing line, threw in some clp, and proceeded to fire all 3oo rounds, with NO malfunctions. I was expecting at least a few, but I had none. So the custom II definetly gets my vote, but I like mine in the black oxide finish. Also, all teh malfunctions people report, are probably because they are holding the gun like a bitch. Man up, hold on, eat that recoil and the gun will do just fine. Just my opinion, YMMV.

Wow, so holding a gun "like a bitch" will result in parts breakage like this?

Learn something new every day.
Top Top