Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 12:23:22 PM EDT
I'm thinking about building my own 1911, and would like some advice on what frame to start out with.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Caspian - high quality frames at reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Caspian Arms frames and slides.  www.caspianarms.com     JD
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
caspian love there slides.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Caspian makes good stuff and they are an excellent company to deal with!  

I bought a titanium frame and had it built into a carry gun about two years ago.  After about 1,500 rounds, the frame cracked right in front of the disconnector all the way down into the mag well.  I sent the frame back to Caspian and they replaced it without hesitation.  And they refunded me the difference in price!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
..........Here`s a few more to check out........tannery shop.com..........essex arms........ar15plus.com........kcordnance.com.......also check out brownell`s...and gun parts .com.............make your own choice...........
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Collin sir-

I'm also looking to build a 1911 (chambered in .22lr).
Once you get the frame, have you decided which frame parts kit you'll be installing?

I've seen frame parts kits available at Brownells and DPMS, but they're blued (not stainless).
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually, depending on where you want to go, you might just buy a Springfield WWII.  Those pistols can be had for $450 or thereabouts.  A stripped frame and slide from Caspian will run about that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top