Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 8:52:01 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy a 9mm pistol and i've narrowed my list down to the Steyr and Walther.
I find both guns have a comfortable fit, but the steyr seem a little heavier in the slide.
What are your opinions?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never shot a styer M9 but I love my P99

Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:51:21 AM EDT
[#2]
P99...I had one, but the only reason I traded to a friend is because I wanted my Beretta Cougar .45 back...

Go with the Walther...if you have picked one up you know how it feels...it's the best feeling polymer grip I have ever felt....

That really aids in the pointabilty of the gun. It a accurate gun, with a great trigger...

You will like the P99....
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:56:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for the P99. It is superbly reliable, very accurate, does not bite, and has a good trigger. The Steyr has a horrid trigger, uncomfortable grip, and sights that landed in Roswell in 1947. There are even hicaps around for the P99.

My only complaint with the p99 is that my very large hands keep the slide from locking open on the last round. Aside from that, it is golden.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#4]
P99 all the way. Only other gun that could even come close is the XD, but I would still choose the P99.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I have three 9mm pistols that I love...  the Sig P226, the HS2000/XD and the P99...  Would trust my life unconditionally to any of them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks a lot for the replies, looks like the walther is the way to go.
Now i just have to decide on the standard or Quick Action!  
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:43:07 AM EDT
[#7]
More people seem to prefer the regular/standard action. I do.
SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Steyr M40 and love it. The triangle sights are hard for some people to get used to. They don't all have them though.  They had trigger problems when they were first imported. That's long gone.  No complaints about the trigger what so ever.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I would bet that magazines will be easier to obtain for the P99, but I do like the looks of the Steyr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top