Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 6:38:09 PM EDT
I have the XD9 and 45 and I have been wondering about shooting Wolf ammo through it.  Is it ok?  Tell me what you think please
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
i've never shot wolf throught my XD pistols.  china-mart doesn't sell it, so i don't buy it
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i've never shot wolf throught my XD pistols.  china-mart doesn't sell it, so i don't buy it

You mean Wal-Mart? Acctually Wal-Mart spent 16 billion with China last year and over 200 billion with US manufactures. over 85% if the stuff they sell is US made.

........sorry to get off topic!

I never tried Wolf but a friend I shoot with shoots Wolf out of everything even his AR with no Problem! I would think it would be hard on extractors.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My problematic Taurus PT745 rejected Wolf 45 ammo like a bad organ transplant. But that gun didn't do well with any type of ammo, it just hated Wolf the most. It's in the shop for repair. That did make me wonder if  that case of Wolf 45 ammo was a bad buy.

But I have shot 200 rounds of the same Wolf 45 ammo through our new XD45 acp now and it has been flawless. That gun is well past 400 rounds now. I've put four brands and two types of ammo through it and it's been flawless. (Yeah, I know, I keep over using that word. But that's how this gun has been!)
We don't even shoot the XD at 10 yds anymore because bullseyes are too easy. We spent today shooting it at 17 yds. This gun is so good it has me spoiled! My son loves it too. At 17 yds he had trouble keeping my P64 and CZ 52 on the paper. The XD he can keep well w/i the bodymass, so now he's working harder to improve his shooting at that range. At 17 yds I'm shooting the XD with all rounds w/i the 8 ring and about five bullseyes out of 13 or 12 shots. (A box of 50 rounds makes for two mags of 13 and two of 12.)

Needless to say, I'll buy more Wolf ammo bulk through SG to save money on our target shooting. The XD uses it just fine.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot a box of 9mm through my XD.  Ran well with no problems.  My only complaint is that it's dirty.  So for 9mm I'll pay an extra $20 per case for Georgia Arms canned heat.  But I use wolf in my AR.  Still dirtier, but typically $60 - $80 cheaper a case.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Friends dont let friends shoot Wolf
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#6]
My .45 XD shoots the Wolf just fine, so does my Stemple 76/45 MG.  The cases are mild steel, extractors are hardened tool steel, if the Wolf is causing excessive extractor wear you've got a sub-standard/knock-off part.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I just put 200rds of wolf though my $2000 custom, with no FTF, FTE, or any other hitches of any kind. And as a matter of fact, wolf seems to be more accurate than any other FMJ round i've put down the pipe so far.

-- ojm/nremt-p
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:09:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have the XD9 and 45 and I have been wondering about shooting Wolf ammo through it.  Is it ok?  Tell me what you think please

Sure it's Okay.

Some auto's don't like some brands/types of ammo though so run a box or two to be sure your handgun likes it before committing to a case.

BTW. I've run many cases of Wolf thru my different auto's with zero problems.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I have had problems with my XD-40 & Fiocchi ammo mainly and some of the cheaper stuff.  So much so, I almost took the gun back.  Come to find out that some ammo, like Fiocchi's tolerances are not tight enough and they will turn a good semi-atuo into a single-shot or even worse a high dollar rock.  I use only USA made high grade ammo, shoots cleaner, harder, and straighter.

I typically can clear a clip of 10 @ 20 yards w/ 1-2" groups, that is as fast and as accurate as I can get, not to mention a lot of practice.  I use Winchester steel balls for practice.  For Defense, I use Federal Hydrashocks.  That way, when the cops ask my story.... there is only one story. Ha Ha
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Friends dont let friends shoot Wolf

Right..............moron

I have 1500rds of Wolf .40 through my XD-40 Tactical (the last 500 being the laquer coated stuff) without a SINGLE problem whatsoever.

For the $6.50 a box that I bought it for, you can't beat it, especially since it's very accurate to boot (something that I can't say of their rifle loads).

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:51:48 AM EDT
[#11]
i'm a cheap bastard.

quite often, if i'm going out with several firearms to shoot, i'm going to to make the guns go bang, and relieve some stress.  dirty?  meh.  the AK's don't need cleaning.  the rest of 'em, cleaning is fun.  besides, 95% of my neighborhood is also 2A enthusiasts (military family housing) so it often is kinda like working on a car on the weekend in a neighborhood of car guys.  the smell of hoppe's hits the air, and like flies on poo i have helpers and guys to BS with.  

seriously though for just general plinking, wolf is a-okay by me.  so it's dirty.  wahhh.  so it might not be as accurate as the premium self-defense ammo.  wahhh.  it goes bang, cycles the firearm, and provides just as much grin factor as any other ammo when you're bumping off a mag.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:24:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Mr. WIZZO_ARAKM14

You have a right to your opinion, but I do not appreciate the name-calling.  Can you not disagree civilly? On the other hand, is you vocabulary so small that you just grunt and spout out words when someone disagrees with you?  I have had my XD for 2 ½ years now.  I have put many rounds through the barrel.  Therefore, I can only respond to the question with my personal experiences with MY XD.  Yours may shoot wadded up dirt clods, but I can only respond on what I have experienced.  So, unless you where behind me while I was shooting at my farm, keep your name calling to yourself.  Next point, I am a new member, and You a Team Member; it would seem that you would be a little nicer to a new member that just posted his first time.  My answer to the question is still the same.  All you had to do is say; I have not seen that problem and move on.  Lastly, my dealer and I called Fiocchi ammo and what I said is true.  He called because I was about the fifth person to come in and complain or ask.  Look I do not want to throw stones.  I just want to read, learn a few new things, and meet some cool and nice people who like things that I like.  That’s it!  All I ask is play nice please.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:17:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Mr. WIZZO_ARAKM14

Sorry bud, but I wasn't responding to you. That's why I didn't quote you. I quoted kgpcr4.

You're more than entitled to you opinion and I have no problem with it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I am sorry also.  I miss understood your original reply.  I am haveing a whole month of Mondays.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#15]
sounds like it's time for a GROUP HUG.....................................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top