Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 11:03:13 AM EDT
I just purchased a used G19 from a local gun store. I believe it is a second generation pistol. I noticed that a couple pieces of the polymer is cracking off at the front corners of the magwell. They are very small but I have never seen this before. Is this anything to be concerned about ???  Thanks......Mike
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think it's anything to worry about but can you post pictures?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Hard to tell exactly what you mean by "cracking off."  Is the surface flaking?  are there cracks through the frame?

If it's just on the surface it's possible it could have been dropped or scraped by the previous owner, assuming it was like that when you got it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It is not just a surface crack. A small piece is actually falling off the the handgun. About the size of a broken pencil lead if you are looking from the side. The polymer seems to be very thin at the base of the grip along the edge.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:28:12 AM EDT
[#4]
You can cut the whole grip off of it and it will still run.  Other than cosmetics or unless it physically gets in the way of a mag change, it should be no problem.  If you can't stand the look of it, glue it back on, sand it off, melt little designs in it, whatever.  Just don't worry about it.  Go buy ammo.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:36:47 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL............OK......Thanks Guys.......   Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top