Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2003 9:08:50 PM EDT
I just resently bought a sig 220 .45.  nice gun, very accurate.  But i've come acros a strange blemish or mark not on the barrel but on the slide.  it was not there when i bought it and i dont know of its origine.  i mantain all of my firearms very well and i dont throw them around like toys.  i know the sig is prone to getting the same type of blemish on the barrel but ive never heard of it o the slide.  does anyone have the same problem?  and anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Where exactly is the blemish?  Could it be a mark from spent brass?  Is it inside?
I have a stainless 220 so I don't have to worry about blemishes.  I do have a blued 228 that has only seen range time but it has no blemish on the slide.  There is a blemish from the decocker lever hitting the frame in a spot.

It's hard to answer your question without more information.

I guess this is akin to buying a new car and coming back to it at the end of the work day only to see that someone dinged your door.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Pics?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]
It isnt noticable enough (thank god) to show up on camera but it is on the front left side of the slide. bout half an inch from the mussle it almost apears to be a mark made by fabric like small cresent moons(like what fabric would make on a freashly oiled gun) but i dont see how it could leave a blemish
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Holster mark?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#5]
My SIG P220 has about 75% of the finish left on the slide and numerous chips in the anodizing on the frame...but then again, its a CARRY gun.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#6]
no happened befor i got my holster
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, if it's that small, perhaps it was there when you bought it and you didn't notice until you cleaned it?

The finish is going to start to wear on the top of your barrel and you'll get the famous SIG smiley there.

If the blemish really bothers you, I'll buy it off you for $50.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#8]
ha right i love this pistol i reallt dont mind since its my carry pistol and it def wasnt there when i bought it i know the barrel mark but i didnt know it any one heard of it on their slide not a big deal not that noticeable and im sure ill be getting holster marks soon but thanks for the help everyone
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:22:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I have an older p226 that I carry in marine/wet environments often.  The anodizing on the frame is fine, but whatever the finish on the slide is, it does not hold up as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top