Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 3:29:55 AM EDT
It's time to but a new gun and I've pretty much zeroed in on the USP Tactical in .45.  I can get the gun NIB for $850.  After reading up on the gun though I got to thinking would it be cheaper to buy a full size USP and replace the barrel and trigger so that it performs like the Tactical?  I don't ever anticipate putting a silencer on the gun but I would like to have the O-ring barrel and the match trigger.  

Are there any other differences between the guns that I am missing?  Is it possible to buy the O-ring barrel and match trigger and drop into to a standard USP?  I don't care about the adjustable sights either as I will be replacing the sights with night sights.

BTW I can get the USP for $625 NIB or ~$500 used.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:32:33 AM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion just go with the Hk USP 45 and save your money.

If you do not intend on buying it to use for use with a suppresor
then the threaded barrel is not worth it.

The O ring is nice but not really neccesary.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#2]
You get a match triger with the tactical. I have both and prefer the tactical - it seems to be a bit smoother.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In my opinion just go with the Hk USP 45 and save your money.

If you do not intend on buying it to use for use with a suppresor
then the threaded barrel is not worth it.

The O ring is nice but not really neccesary.

Yup, I agree. as far as smooth, just shoot about 500 rounds or so, it'll smooth it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want a Tac, buy a Tac.  NEVER buy a USP with the idea that you are going to save money by doing the converion to Tac yourself.  First of all you end up spending about $150-$350 extra doing the conversion yourself and second, you end up with a tricked out USP, and a tricked out USP is not a Tactical no matter how you dress it up.  It will not say "Tactical" on the slide and if you sell it you will not get Tactical prices.
New USP $625
Tactical barrel-HK $300, after market $240
Match trigger-$125 plus installation
Match sights-$135
Soft case-$75
Cleaning kit-$25
4 extra o-rings-$20
Total:  HK barrel $1250, after market barrel $1145.  Used gun $1020 at the cheapest with after market barrel.
NIB Tactical $900 from many on-line sellers such as Bachman Pawn and Gun, Dallas TX.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top