Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/24/2006 3:29:55 AM EDT
It's time to but a new gun and I've pretty much zeroed in on the USP Tactical in .45. I can get the gun NIB for $850. After reading up on the gun though I got to thinking would it be cheaper to buy a full size USP and replace the barrel and trigger so that it performs like the Tactical? I don't ever anticipate putting a silencer on the gun but I would like to have the O-ring barrel and the match trigger.

Are there any other differences between the guns that I am missing? Is it possible to buy the O-ring barrel and match trigger and drop into to a standard USP? I don't care about the adjustable sights either as I will be replacing the sights with night sights.

BTW I can get the USP for $625 NIB or ~$500 used.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:32:33 AM EDT
In my opinion just go with the Hk USP 45 and save your money.

If you do not intend on buying it to use for use with a suppresor
then the threaded barrel is not worth it.

The O ring is nice but not really neccesary.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:53:47 AM EDT
You get a match triger with the tactical. I have both and prefer the tactical - it seems to be a bit smoother.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:15:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CopM4:
In my opinion just go with the Hk USP 45 and save your money.

If you do not intend on buying it to use for use with a suppresor
then the threaded barrel is not worth it.

The O ring is nice but not really neccesary.

Yup, I agree. as far as smooth, just shoot about 500 rounds or so, it'll smooth it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:02:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/24/2006 4:02:49 PM EDT by Big-Bore]
If you want a Tac, buy a Tac. NEVER buy a USP with the idea that you are going to save money by doing the converion to Tac yourself. First of all you end up spending about $150-$350 extra doing the conversion yourself and second, you end up with a tricked out USP, and a tricked out USP is not a Tactical no matter how you dress it up. It will not say "Tactical" on the slide and if you sell it you will not get Tactical prices.
New USP $625
Tactical barrel-HK $300, after market $240
Match trigger-$125 plus installation
Match sights-$135
Soft case-$75
Cleaning kit-$25
4 extra o-rings-$20
Total: HK barrel $1250, after market barrel $1145. Used gun $1020 at the cheapest with after market barrel.
NIB Tactical $900 from many on-line sellers such as Bachman Pawn and Gun, Dallas TX.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top