Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/24/2005 12:31:53 PM EDT
Hi all , w to HK's . I found one for sale . Two tone compact .45acp , like new . Is this the pistol that can be reconfiguered in differant "modes" . CAN the safty be reversed for left handed shooters .

Are these good guns ? It has a rail built into the polymer frame . They wanted $450 but the guy said he'd "work on it " w/ me ....thanks for any info . Is the 8 rd mag a Ban thing can they hold more than 8 rds ?

Thanks for any info RL
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:21:59 PM EDT
If it is a compact, 8 rounds is the standard. $450.00 is an excellent price, if, it hasn't been messed with.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:41:08 PM EDT
Can you tell me if the saftey is reversable for lefties , There are Safe / Fire markings on the right side ??? . Its a two tone gun silver slide .
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:48:26 PM EDT
Yes the safety can be located on the right side. This Link shows the 10 possible setups for the USP compact (bottom of the page). That is a good price on a great pistol. Talk him down a few bux and jump on it, you won't be sorry. Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:48:51 PM EDT
It's the stainless model, which has been discontinued. They were a bit more expensive than the standard HE finish (Hostile Environment, HK's equvalent to Glock's Tennifer).
The 8 rounds is the standard for the compact, not a ban thing, a fat bullet thing.
The safety can be changed to the right side for left handed use, or removed completely if you want a double action only pistol. The safety/decocking lever can be set up in a number of ways, safety and decocker, decocker only, or safety only double action, or safety only single action, now add the left handed versions of those and you have 8 options, Plus the no safey, no decocker and it's up to 9. It just takes a person who knows how about 30 seconds to make it left handed. Just a new lever (so the letters aren't backwards) and the detent plate inside which actually determines which varient it is.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:45:29 PM EDT
That’s a good deal IMO
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:59:13 PM EDT
Great I've got two days to research it as the pawn shop is closed tomorrow . THANKS for the info guys and the link Dilbert .

One more lame ? came to mind looking at that link , does the hammer "sit" in differant places depending on config. or are those two sperate guns one w/ bobbed hammer . The gun I'm lookin at seemed bobbed and sat down in the rear of the gun .

Sorry if I sound clueless it's because I am ! .

I was issued a 1911 and learned to love them . THE only other .45 ACP I've EVER shot was a Glock 21or 26 (?) . I really liked the way it stayed on target for fast follow up's , BUT I only recently came to the idea that I might own a plastic pistol .......

The other thing I dont care for is no exposed hammer w/ Glock , but the HK USP has one .

I will be the first to admit I'm a "throwback" and my notions and ideas could easily be wrong .

Like I'm going to use the rail .......

Thanks agian , I gave it a pretty good going over it's very clean NO marring or wear anywhere . It seemed to point more like a 1911 than a Glock . RL
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:52:33 PM EDT
$450 is a great price for any HK

i would jump on it

it probably was a G21

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:56:03 PM EDT
get one. it will work better than any 1911.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:18:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gudel:
get one. it will work better than any 1911.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:14:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rocklock:
It seemed to point more like a 1911 than a Glock . RL

It should. The full sized at least has the same grip angle as the 1911. It was made that way intentionally for American shooters.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:57:04 AM EDT
I know it's subjective but in the link from above there was mention of a "recoil reduction..." of some kind ? How's the follow up or double tapping ?

UUUtt OHHHHH the Christmas $$$ is starting to roll in .

And the Mags are cheap enough ! I thinking there's an Uber Hi Tec Pistol in my near future . From what info you guys gave me I't sounding like I could always get my money out of it .

Damn IT IS CHRISTMAS morning AND "A Christmas Story" is on "......my Blued steeled beauty" except for the stainless plastic !!!

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:36:47 PM EDT
If you don't buy it give me their number so I can buy it!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:35:17 AM EDT
Jason R , Incoming IM .
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:01:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rocklock:
Two tone compact .45acp , like new .

Are these good guns ?

No, these are terrible guns! Avoid them at all costs! If you've already bought this one, I'll send you $50 for it so you won't feel you got totally ripped off on that gun.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:14:50 PM EDT
The pics of the hammer show the standard bobbed, and the one that only comes with varients 9 and 10 I believe. That one has a small amount of rubber sticking out the back. Bad description, but I hope you get the idea.
The recoil reduction is mostly on the full sized models. They have a double recoil spring. The Compacts don't have the room for this so HK uses a polymer bushing. They say that it helps absorb some (much) of the recoil. I've never fired a .45 compact so I can't compare it to the full sized model.
The .40 isn't bad though.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top