Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 12:31:53 PM EDT
Hi all , w to HK's . I found one for sale . Two tone compact .45acp , like new . Is this the pistol that can be reconfiguered in differant "modes" . CAN the safty be reversed for left handed shooters .

Are these good guns ? It has a rail built into the polymer frame . They wanted $450 but the guy said he'd "work on it " w/ me ....thanks for any info . Is the 8 rd mag a Ban thing can they hold more than 8 rds ?

Thanks for any info RL
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is a compact, 8 rounds is the standard. $450.00 is an excellent price, if, it hasn't been messed with.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you tell me if the saftey is reversable for lefties , There are Safe / Fire markings on the right side ??? . Its a two tone gun silver slide .
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes the safety can be located on the right side.  This Link shows the 10 possible setups for the USP compact (bottom of the page).  That is a good price on a great pistol.  Talk him down a few bux and jump on it, you won't be sorry.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the stainless model, which has been discontinued.  They were a bit more expensive than the standard HE finish (Hostile Environment, HK's equvalent to Glock's Tennifer).
The 8 rounds is the standard for the compact, not a ban thing, a fat bullet thing.
The safety can be changed to the right side for left handed use, or removed completely if you want a double action only pistol.  The safety/decocking lever can be set up in a number of ways, safety and decocker, decocker only, or safety only double action, or safety only single action, now add the left handed versions of those and you have 8 options,  Plus the  no safey, no decocker and it's up to 9. It just takes a person who knows how about 30 seconds to make it left handed.  Just a new lever (so the letters aren't backwards) and the detent plate inside which actually determines which varient it is.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#5]
That’s a good deal IMO
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Great I've got two days to research it as the pawn shop is closed tomorrow . THANKS for the info guys and the link Dilbert .

One more lame ? came to mind looking at that link , does the hammer "sit" in differant places depending on config. or are those two sperate guns one w/ bobbed hammer . The gun I'm lookin at seemed bobbed and sat down in the rear of the gun .

Sorry if I sound clueless it's because I am ! .

I was issued a 1911 and learned to love them . THE only other .45 ACP I've EVER shot was a Glock  21or 26 (?) . I really liked the way it stayed on target for fast follow up's , BUT I only recently came to the idea that I might own a plastic pistol .......

The other thing I dont care for is no exposed hammer w/ Glock , but the HK USP has one .

I will be the first to admit I'm a "throwback" and my notions and ideas could easily be wrong .

Like I'm going to use the rail .......

Thanks agian , I gave it a pretty good going over it's very clean NO marring or wear anywhere . It seemed to point more like a 1911 than a Glock .   RL
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
$450 is a great price for any HK

i would jump on it

it probably was a G21

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#8]
get one. it will work better than any 1911.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
get one. it will work better than any 1911.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It seemed to point more like a 1911 than a Glock .   RL

It should.  The full sized at least has the same grip angle as the 1911.  It was made that way intentionally for American shooters.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I know it's subjective but in the link from above there was mention of a "recoil reduction..." of some kind ? How's the follow up or double tapping ?

UUUtt  OHHHHH the Christmas $$$ is starting to roll in .

And the Mags are cheap enough ! I thinking there's an Uber Hi Tec Pistol in my near future . From what info you guys gave me I't sounding like I could always get my money out of it .

Damn IT IS CHRISTMAS morning AND "A Christmas Story" is on "......my Blued steeled beauty" except for the stainless plastic !!!

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#12]
If you don't buy it give me their number so I can buy it!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Jason R , Incoming IM .
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Two tone compact .45acp , like new .

Are these good guns ?

No, these are terrible guns! Avoid them at all costs! If you've already bought this one, I'll send you $50 for it so you won't feel you got totally ripped off on that gun.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#15]
The pics of the hammer show the standard bobbed, and the one that only comes with varients 9 and 10 I believe.  That one has a small amount of rubber sticking out the back.  Bad description, but I hope you get the idea.
The recoil reduction is mostly on the full sized models. They have a double recoil spring. The Compacts don't have the room for this so HK uses a polymer bushing.  They say that it helps absorb some (much) of the recoil. I've never fired a .45 compact so I can't compare it to the full sized model.
The .40 isn't bad though.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top