Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/20/2005 10:32:48 PM EDT
hey guys i just bought a usp tactical and when i fire it the 45 caliber shell keeps hitting me on the face. Then my girl tried to shoot it and it got lodged in her safety goggles and burned her face. I just hope it doesnt scar but is the shell ejection path normal?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have similar thing with my USP9, but not with my USP45. It would often hit me in the face, or eject about 2 feet away. I asked this in hkpro when I just first bought it new. Nobody knew.
I fixed it, by firing hot rounds. It threw empties about 5ft away, for some reason, this USP9 really like hot rounds.

What ammo?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#2]
my old ladys sa does the same.  wear a hat.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
haha i'd expect it from a springfield, but not a hk.

friend of mine has a milspec SA.  we went to this indoor range once.  he kept firing, the brass kept ejecting, but it never came back down!    i'd have the ejector adjusted, or whatever lol.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard of this happening on New HK's.  Once they get broken in it stops.  I'm sure others will chime in with their personal experience.

It's normal.  When I was breaking in my USP I took a couple casings between the eyes.  It wasn't every single one.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
haha i'd expect it from a springfield, but not a hk.

friend of mine has a milspec SA.  we went to this indoor range once.  he kept firing, the brass kept ejecting, but it never came back down!    i'd have the ejector adjusted, or whatever lol.

no, with the springfield i'd expect to ship it back after a few hundred rounds. that's what happened to my SA 1911.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:49:39 AM EDT
[#6]
the friend with the stainless GI has had a lot of rounds through his, and he hasn't had any problems except with 1 POS mag he bought doesn't feed right.

i had a loaded parked SA for a while, put quite a few rounds through it, and never failed with the basic SA mags.  unfortunately i had to sell it
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok guys thanks for the input I will try and break it in. I had a beannie hat on so I was lucky.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#8]
What ammo were you shooting?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Winchester 45
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
try using fiocci ammo on next trip. i think the recoil spring on that gun is a bit stiff specially when new.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top