Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/15/2005 8:00:33 PM EDT
Finally took my new USP .45 to the range and pitted it up against my Springfield 1911 TRP.

The USP shot circles around the TRP....literally.

Using the same target and the same point of aim the TRP held a MUCH tighter group than the USP. Even from the bench the USP couldnt compete.

Any ideas what I need to look at to tighten this thing up, or should I just give it up all together and stick with the 1911???
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Try an o-ring barrle,  www.ccfa.com. My Tactical holds a nice tight group. Thats about all I can suggest. I hope it helps
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Compared to my 1911 the feel of the USP is completely different, I went through about 60 rnds before I started to get used to the trigger pull and a change in how I handle the USP.  Once I figured out what worked, my 1911 can't compare to the groups I was getting.  After, putting alot of lead down range I will go for the USP befor ethe 1911.  But keep in mind the 1911 has been battle tested time and time again.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#3]
You can get a match trigger and O ring barrel. Honestly, then though you'd practically have a USP Tactical, what I think most people should get from the start if they can afford it. A USP Tactical is a closer comparison to a Springfield TRP. The TRP is NOT a stock 1911 like your USP is a stock USP. With training/practice, I KNOW you could shoot your USP extremely well.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top