Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/29/2010 6:39:10 AM EDT
Which one of these three would you get and why?
Link Posted: 12/29/2010 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Expert.
Elite is too long.
Tactical does not have the match trigger (look it up fellas) and I can't own a suppressor, so the threaded barrel does nothing for me. And if I'm going to have a long barrel, I want the slide long too, like the Expert.
Link Posted: 12/29/2010 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#2]
The .45 Tactical very much comes with a match trigger.

I would go with the Tac as it will fit in most holsters designed for the USP 45 fullsize. It's a great piece and already comes set up to shoot well.

Doc
Link Posted: 12/29/2010 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The .45 Tactical very much comes with a match trigger.

I would go with the Tac as it will fit in most holsters designed for the USP 45 fullsize. It's a great piece and already comes set up to shoot well.

Doc

This and I live in a suppressor friendly state - Suppressor on it is nice shooting.
Link Posted: 12/29/2010 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
[000000000000)
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I went with the Tactical .45. It has, adjustable sights, a threaded barrel and a really nice match trigger. The pistol is much more accurate than I'm capable of shooting. Mine has been a pleasure to shoot since buying it in 2004. I like the trigger so much that I had my full size USP9 and USP40 triggers converted to the match trigger. It makes going from gun to gun a much simpler transition. Make sure you get a thread protector for it to keep from buggering up your pistol's threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 6:24:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd go with the Tactical.
Link Posted: 1/1/2011 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I went with the Tactical.
Link Posted: 1/1/2011 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Tactical all the way. It DOES have a match trigger btw
Link Posted: 1/2/2011 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#9]
The tactical, expert and elite come with the same match grade trigger  (did look it up –– I bought and shoot them).  Their frames are identical.  The tactical and expert have the same match grade barrel, however the expert's slide is longer, allowing the tactical's muzzle to be threaded (left hand threads, btw).  I contemplated an elite and a match before settling on the Mk23.  I didn't care for the Mk23...

My Expert, My Tactical:

Someone else's Elite:

Link Posted: 1/2/2011 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Expert.
Elite is too long.
Tactical does not have the match trigger (look it up fellas) and I can't own a suppressor, so the threaded barrel does nothing for me. And if I'm going to have a long barrel, I want the slide long too, like the Expert.

What page are you reading, fella?  

I read this one:  http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/uspt_general.asp

Features & System Characteristics:

* Threaded O-ring barrel with polygonal bore profile (no O-ring barrel on .40 and 9 mm variants)
   * High profile target sights
   * Match grade trigger
   * Adjustable trigger stop
   * Target sights with micrometer adjustment for windage and elevation
   * One piece machined, nitro-carburized steel slide
   * Can be converted to any of nine trigger firing modes
   * Patented HK recoil reduction system
   * Corrosion resistant “Hostile Environment” blued finish
   * Corrosion proof fiber-reinforced polymer frame
   * Oversized trigger guard for use with gloves
   * Choice of flat and extended floorplate magazines
   * Universal mounting grooves for installing accessories
   * Ambidextrous magazine release lever
   * Extended slide release
   * Extractor doubles as a loaded chamber indicator
   * Patented Lock-Out Safety device
Link Posted: 1/2/2011 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I too bought the Tactical & then later bought a can. If one doesn't live in a free state, then I would go with the Expert.

While the Elite may be nice at a bulls-eye match, it would be hell to find a holster for to use in any other sort of competition.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/2/2011 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#12]

I was reading my USP manual, it lists the Expert and Elite as having a trigger with stop and match trigger parts.
It lists the Tactical as having a trigger with stop, but no mention of match trigger parts.
Looking at the website however, I see they do list the Tactical as having a match grade trigger.
I guess the owners manual and I are wrong.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 3:17:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I went with the tactical and the elite
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 2:01:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I too bought the Tactical & then later bought a can. If one doesn't live in a free state, then I would go with the Expert.

While the Elite may be nice at a bulls-eye match, it would be hell to find a holster for to use in any other sort of competition.

My .o2

I have a Blade-Tech tactical thigh holster for my Elite.
The only practical way to carry one.
I have used the gun in open class three gun match shooting with good results.

If I could own a can in Illinois, I would have bought a Tactical.
Link Posted: 1/13/2011 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was reading my USP manual, it lists the Expert and Elite as having a trigger with stop and match trigger parts.
It lists the Tactical as having a trigger with stop, but no mention of match trigger parts.
Looking at the website however, I see they do list the Tactical as having a match grade trigger.
I guess the owners manual and I are wrong.

hmph, I could believe that. I'll have to check my Tac manual later and see if it says the same thing out of curiosity.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 5:22:57 AM EDT
[#16]
The tactical 45 and 40 come with match trigger, the 9mm "tactical" version, called the SD does not come with the match trigger, IRRC. The only one I can personally vouch for is the 45 Tac, I owned one and it most certainly did have the match trigger.
Link Posted: 1/18/2011 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#17]
OK, I looked it up

I have owned all 3.

For pure accuracy:

1) Elite
2) Expert
3) Tactical

For self defense

1/2) Tactical/Expert (tie because barrel on tac could hang up)
3) Elite

For pure pretty IMO (just get over it ):

1) Expert
2) Tactical
3) Elite

EXPERT WINS

unless of course you are either hell bent on a can, or have the desire for the Tacticool look.....then

TACTICAL WINS

unless of course you want the ultimate in accuracy the longer sight radius, superior frontal weight distribution and barrel provide...then

ELITE WINS

That is all...move along, nothing more for you to see here

Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top