Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2006 8:32:43 AM EDT
I know there must be a fairly large group of those out there who have to wear button up shirts, slacks, ties etc. to work or various days throughout the week.

I have a Sig228 in a Milt Sparks VMII, but that doesn't seem to work well when it comes to tucking a shirt in.

Any more suggestions I should look at.

I know the CTAC comes up a lot.  I found the Galco Sky-ops, looks okay... although I'm still trying to figure out why they don't make one for a belt any taller than 1.25"...

Any other suggestions, or perhaps some insight on the CTAC?

I'm of medium to small build.  Need to conceal under button up shirt and slacks.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 12/11/2006 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both the CTAC and VMII. The VMII is comfortable with the belt loops, but with the tuckable, kydex clips, the weight of the gun is placed on your pants instead of your belt.

I use the CTAC with normal clips when I tuck my shirt in. I wear a black belt, so no one seems to notice the clips. The optional C-clips look like a less conspicuous option that still places the gun's weight on your belt.

ETA: The CTAC does an excellent job of supporting and hiding my glock 19 with a tucked in shirt.
Link Posted: 12/12/2006 1:45:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I also use the C-tac. I work in an office and have to be in a suit shirt and slacks at least 4 days a week. It works great. I have even carried a P228 with a C-tac. I have gone completely to this holster for CCW because of its effectiveness. Because it is kydex and not leather it is considerably thinner than a leather holster and that makes it less obvious when you tuck. I get the C-Clips for the added concealment. I recommend this holster.
Also you need to watch the thickness of your gun. While I have carried a 228 with this setup I normally carry a g33 or 1911. I really like the 1911 for tucked in carry due to its thickness. The g29 and g30 don't tuck nearly as well due to their thickness.
Good luck to you with your choice. Eventually you will find the right combination that works for you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2006 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Crossbreed is another one........
Link Posted: 12/12/2006 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Tucker Gunleather  Makes a few models.  I have a Cover-up Plus that I really like.

Seydou
Link Posted: 12/15/2006 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a fix for the skyops holster and larger belts now, check their website. I think it's under whats new.
Link Posted: 12/17/2006 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I wear the SkyOps and like it.  Tucks very easy and is very comfortable.  I wear it pretty much 24/7 when I am not in the house or at my desk (pistol in the drawer).  I use a 1.25" Galco belt with it.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2006 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry a XD SC 9mm in a C.T.A.C., works great w/a tucked in shirt. Find it is better w/a 1.5" belt, I use the C Clips. Is very comfortable, especially w/a t shirt tucked in behind it and your other shirt over it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 5:51:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I too use a C-TAC (with the C-clips). Works great and even my gun-nut friends did not know I was packing under a tucked shirt until I told them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Crossbreed Supertuck, www.crossbreedholsters.com
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#11]
High Noon Holsters makes tuckables.  I have one for my SP101.  Works nice.  I have the Clip style, and I almost always wear black pants and belts, so it's practically invisible.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Tucker "The Answer".  I'm 6'1" 160 lbs. Very comfortable.

I don't tuck often but there were a few times when I was glad to have the option.

I've recently switched to a CompTac CTAC with a little moleskin on the body side.  Just as comfortable as the Tucker but draws faster and is a little easier to "tuck".  
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Tucker "The Answer".  I'm 6'1" 160 lbs. Very comfortable.
i18.photobucket.com/albums/b129/earlan357/gun.jpg
i18.photobucket.com/albums/b129/earlan357/side.jpg
i18.photobucket.com/albums/b129/earlan357/front.jpg
I don't tuck often but there were a few times when I was glad to have the option.

I've recently switched to a CompTac CTAC with a little moleskin on the body side.  Just as comfortable as the Tucker but draws faster and is a little easier to "tuck".  

say brother,.. got a link or contact info?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#14]
"Answer" or CTAC are great. You can put a cell phone holder near the clips to hide them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I've tried a couple of the tuckables.  None seem to work for me.  Just looks like I have a big tumor on my hip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top