Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2003 4:00:32 PM EDT

The Tuck-This!™ is a new tuck-able holster from DeSantis that is both economical and versatile. Its adjustable J-hook will rotate 360 degrees and reverses to use ambidextrous or as a SOB holster. Originally developed for members of the US Air Marshals Service, the Tuck-This!™ is now available to the general carrying public. Made of ballistic nylon.

Anybody have experience with this holster.  I just ordered one for my PM40 and am trying to find out before I get it if it will work well.  I like the look of leather, but for the price of this one and the fact that it's going to be against my skin, I thought it might work well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the equivilent in a Galco for a ultra compact.

I'm to thin to keep it adequately concealed in a hip configuation without a jacket.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#3]
From the picture it's impossible to know for sure, but here are a few questions (things to look for when you have one in your hand):
- Does it have an inner tab of material extending beyond the top of the slide so that the rear of the slide is NOT against your body? This makes it easier to re-holster and lessens sweat buildup on the slide. [Note: My PPK/S is now showing some pitting on the slide from this problem after years of CCW.]
- Is the top opening "stiff" so that it doesn't collapse when you withdraw the gun? If it isn't stiff, it becomes damn near impossible for you to re-holster a handgun (this has been my experience) in a IWB holster. This was also pointed out in a CCW seminar that I attended recently when they discussed how to CCW.

Comfort is another issue that will vary from person to person. I've put on enough weight so that any IWB holster is very uncomfortable to me (they always were, even when I was only 135#). I have two brand new IWB (J-hook variety), expensive holsters from Wild Bill and Mitch Rosen that I find so uncomfortable that I've never worn them (only tried them out for a minute or two then packed them back away). They are for an H&K P7M8 (Wild Bill) and H&K USP 9/.40c (Rosen). YMMV
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  I should be getting the holster in a week or two.  After I carry it for a while I'll post and let everyone know how the holster works out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top