Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/21/2005 6:14:38 AM EDT
What do I need to improve the trigger on my Browning Hi-power? And can someone give me instruction on doing a trigger job.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:42:32 PM EDT
Having the mag safety removed will greatly improve your trigger. I had a gunsmith do mine, takes about 5 minutes when one knows what they're doing. Since I don't know, I tend to leave my triggers alone.

You're never gonna get a 1911-type trigger feel, the HP just isn't made to do that.

My .o2
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:04:38 PM EDT
Removing the magazine disconnect (it is NOT a safety!) may or may not be a good idea, depending on how you look at it; especially if you intend to use it for defense.

Here's a nice link for a discussion

Doing a good trigger job on a Hi-Power is difficult and time-comsuming for someone who does them for a living...impossible and destructive for an amateur! That's why us amateurs go to either Novak Sights or Cylinder & Slide for custom work.

Hi-Powers were designed as military pistols and as such the design lends itself to sloppy tolerances. If you want the perfect trigger go with a custom-tuned 1911!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:56:09 PM EDT
You can CAREFULLY polish the sear and the notch in the hammer the sear engages to lighten the pull. You casn also ruin a sear and hammer assembly this way. Its hard to keep the parts flat and square and the engagement correct without the proper jigs and a lot of patience.
Top Top