Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2023 10:00:44 AM EDT
I have a tisas 1911a1 black cerakote model. On the SDS imports website they sell the duty slides. How difficult would it be to replace my government slide with the duty slide? (I want the front serrations and novak style sights so i can install night sights. I love the thing so much I want to make it my winter carry but I hate the government sights.) What exactly would need fitting?
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you considered just swapping in a 10-8 performance rear sight blade?
I love mine. And prefer it over Novak blades.

If Tisas hadn't introduced the Aviator recently,  I would have went the other way, and replaced my 4.25 Carry slide with a GI one.
I prefer no front cocking serrations.

------

The cheapest way to do a swap, still seems to be to buy another gun.
Then swap parts, then resell the leftovers.

10-8 NOVAK
Attachment Attached File

10_8 GI
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

https://www.10-8performance.com/1911-nm-rear-sight/
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a tisas 1911a1 black cerakote model. On the SDS imports website they sell the duty slides. How difficult would it be to replace my government slide with the duty slide? (I want the front serrations and novak style sights so i can install night sights. I love the thing so much I want to make it my winter carry but I hate the government sights.) What exactly would need fitting?
View Quote

There's no absolutes, but...

the slide/rail fit should be pretty close because they likely are running from the same CNC program and maybe the same machine.

Same for the barrel/bushing. At worst, you've got some slide rail polishing. Accuracy should be about the same.

my 0.02

Top Top