Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 3:51:48 PM EDT
  Hi, I posted in general, but it didn't go well. Anyways, I was thinking of a 1911 with a commander hammer. I really like the Kimber Custom II and the Springfield armory Parkerized Fullsize. Where can I get one for cheap? Also since I am lefty, how hard is it to put an Ambi safety on the Kimber?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always had the opportunity to have the factory set it up, but I hear it is extremely easy.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've always had the opportunity to have the factory set it up, but I hear it is extremely easy.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, how hard was that to understand?

1. I am a lefty, and a dedicated 1911 shooter. I always order my new 1911s with an ambisafety, or If I bought one from the gun store outfitted with a standard safety I'd have it shipped to the manufacturer to have a factory safety installed so they wouldn't/couldn't weasel out of the warranty if for any reason the issue presented itself.

2. I looked at a used high end 1911 at the pawn shop with a standard safety and the guy assured me it was a no-brainer. he's done plenty of them and he would gladly install my (supplied) ambi safety for free and/or show me how to do it for myself if I bought the gun.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
  Hi, I posted in general, but it didn't go well. Anyways, I was thinking of a 1911 with a commander hammer. I really like the Kimber Custom II and the Springfield armory Parkerized Fullsize. Where can I get one for cheap? Also since I am lefty, how hard is it to put an Ambi safety on the Kimber?

It may drop in or it may require a little filing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top